When are the debates?

There will be a team of people feeding Biden answers.  CNN will give him the questions before hand like Hillary,   and he will still fuck it up

HELWIG - 
Flavorful - 
Bend The Knee - 

Trumps chances increase with more debates

This is hard to argue with. Especially if Biden takes the bait and tries to win a verbal flame war with Trump. But if Biden's calm and "presidential" during the debates and can ignore the taunts, Trump insults might hurt Trump more than Biden. 

Hillary tried that.

He bullied the shit outta here.

He's too good at talking shit.

Watch for an outrageous swing in polls after first debate.

"Watch for an outrageous swing in polls after first debate."

Or, if there's no swing, a hundred OGers saying that polls don't mean shit.

Biden is an emtpy shell. perfect canditate for the dems to control.

IGotGROUNDEDnLB’dByCorona -
theseanster -

They will end up being remote. The mic will be turned off for the person not on the clock removing the ability to interrupt. The pandemic is going to change the flow of a typical debate and it won't go down like 2016.

Didn’t Biden and Bernie have a debate without and audience and 6 feet away from one another?  Why can’t they just do that again instead of being remote?

Because then they cant pre-record all of Biden's responses.

Tim Duncan - 

There will be a team of people feeding Biden answers.  CNN will give him the questions before hand like Hillary,   and he will still fuck it up

We absolutely know that will happen.  It happened last election.  The only reprecussion was that Donna Brazil had to step down.  They won't be stupid enough to confirm it in emails this time though.  And even if they get busted, so what?  It's all or nothing for the Democrats and the establishment now.

The problem for the Dems though is even if they give Joe all the questions days in advance, he won't remember what answers his campaign came up with.  They'll literally need to have a teleprompter for him to read from.  And even then he'll probably fuck it up.

At this point, Trump, the Republicans, and his base have set the bar so low for Biden, if he even shows up and can string together a cogent thought, then he has destroyed Trump in a debate. There is a real risk of making one of the central foundations of your campaign be tied to some other guy's ability to speak...

Democrats did this to W. Bush, and he always came across half decent in these debates, especially against Gore. 

Additionally, the networks and moderators will carry Biden through the debate...If they see Biden struggle, they will step in. For example, if Biden is asked about Iran and he starts off with...."ugh, ummmm, well see, Obama and I, when we campaigned ummmm..ughhh...." The moderator will step in, and say, "Mr. Vice President, I want to get right to the point, the question is about Iraq and whether it was a good deal to pull troops out. People in the Democratic party believe that Trump's movements in the Middle East have only led to a stronger Iran...Do you agree with them..." 

They will spoon-feed him the answer in the way of a question. 

1 Like

Not Soon enough

theseanster -

They will end up being remote. The mic will be turned off for the person not on the clock removing the ability to interrupt. The pandemic is going to change the flow of a typical debate and it won't go down like 2016.

SCAMdemic

Flavorful -
Bend The Knee - 

Trumps chances increase with more debates

This is hard to argue with. Especially if Biden takes the bait and tries to win a verbal flame war with Trump. But if Biden's calm and "presidential" during the debates and can ignore the taunts, Trump insults might hurt Trump more than Biden. 

I think Trump can simply ask Biden a question and when Biden looks completely lost time and time again, we'll know. 

Tim Duncan -

This seems inevitable 

Biden held it together well in the debate with Sanders. Whatever drug cocktail they had him on was mixed perfectly. 

Flavorful -

Biden held it together well in the debate with Sanders. Whatever drug cocktail they had him on was mixed perfectly. 

Yeah but have you seen his Campaign videos? They have subtitles and some of his sentences still dont make sense.  

Biden when he's all there is less sleazy and less bright Hillary Clinton. 

I don't think he's all there and he'll just be propped up by the people that really call the shots. 

I could see them getting him out after the two year window is up in 2023 and let the VP have a shot at a whole decade as president. 

DaveFu - 

I don't think he's all there and he'll just be propped up by the people that really call the shots. 

I could see them getting him out after the two year window is up in 2023 and let the VP have a shot at a whole decade as president. 

Agree. He'll retire after one term if he makes it that far. Can't see him going for a second one. 

Not. Soon. Enough. 

theseanster -

If i recall, both parties need to agree to the format.

jcblass -

At this point, Trump, the Republicans, and his base have set the bar so low for Biden, if he even shows up and can string together a cogent thought, then he has destroyed Trump in a debate. There is a real risk of making one of the central foundations of your campaign be tied to some other guy's ability to speak...

Democrats did this to W. Bush, and he always came across half decent in these debates, especially against Gore. 

Additionally, the networks and moderators will carry Biden through the debate...If they see Biden struggle, they will step in. For example, if Biden is asked about Iran and he starts off with...."ugh, ummmm, well see, Obama and I, when we campaigned ummmm..ughhh...." The moderator will step in, and say, "Mr. Vice President, I want to get right to the point, the question is about Iraq and whether it was a good deal to pull troops out. People in the Democratic party believe that Trump's movements in the Middle East have only led to a stronger Iran...Do you agree with them..." 

They will spoon-feed him the answer in the way of a question. 

And that will help Trump. Because the viewers are going to see this and be like WTF, the "establishment" is rigging the election. People saw this when Bernie and Warren had a fallout, and that only helped Bernie

The_Pundits_Ghost -

If Biden can stand straight and not completely shit the bed, he will make trump look like a petulant child. 

trump is the one that hasn’t committed to the debates. He went from wanting nine to wanting a ton, still hasn’t accepted the standard 3 or 4 in oct yet. 

The guy shits the bed every night and thats not even being in front of a camera with absolutely no audience. You put him in even a closed loop debate without either of them being in the same building and Biden starts changing his own depends right there on national tv. The guy can not even read from a fooking teleprompter with no pressure on him. He fooks it up. This is the guy you feel should lead the country? He gets fooking lost in his own home that he has lived in for 40 fooking years! 

Maybe they put a bunch of little kids up off screen and he is able to keep his composure? Come on really? How da fook has someone not pulled him to the side when he was V.P. let alone running for POTUS and not drop the hint? "Hey Mr. Vice President Joe, have you ever considered maybe keeping your hands off the little children while there are video cameras around? It looks kimda creepy and may give off the wrong message. 

Unfortunately i have a feeling they did, numerous times and he either said fook you get in im sniffing kids or he is so lost they got tires of asking him and said it fook it. 

Either way you are the dumbass who are voting for that guy.

Kona Silat - 
theseanster -

If i recall, both parties need to agree to the format.

That's probably accurate. Either way, I got popcorn

The_Pundits_Ghost - 
DaveFu -

That’s fine, if he has the right vp for that. I don’t think Harris is the one he should pick. He boxed himself in a corner with the guarantee of picking a woman. Silly posturing. Not that there aren’t great woman who could do the job, just that nobody on the presumptive list is spectacular. 

If there was a good candidate to take over for JB in two years, then that candidate could have easily beaten him. 

No matter who is president in 2020, I don't think we'll have a better one in 2024.