When Dana found out I had the 1st sponsor banner..

That time Dana found out I was the first fighter to ever use a sponsor banner... Not the reaction I expected... Old clip but we have been clipping out all the relevant clips from the entire show to the new clip site and I saw this...

https://youtu.be/j2jn1XFRULc

9 Likes

That's awesome!

Spanky's XXX Playhouse is the first apparel sponsor I remember, too :-)

Hahahaha, nice clip.

I didn't know you were the first to do the banners, wow! I really miss those banners, and that era in general.

That was pretty funny

lol. awesome. dana is just unapologetically dana. for better or worse. 

Didn't Chris Leben have the Condom Depot sponsorship on his banner? I remember loving that sponsorship. 

Kirik -

That's awesome!

Haha Yea I apparently did the worst thing in UFC history for the UFC, but to the fighters.... your welcome! ;) 

Mandible_Claw -

Didn't Chris Leben have the Condom Depot sponsorship on his banner? I remember loving that sponsorship. 

They usually put the Condom Depot logo right across the ass off the shorts too. Bad choice lol 

2 Likes

I miss Dynamic Fasteners

2 Likes
Mike Swick -
Kirik -

That's awesome!

Haha Yea I apparently did the worst thing in UFC history for the UFC, but to the fighters.... your welcome! ;) 

It was great for sponsors too. Since you had room for lots of sponsors some of the smaller businesses had an opportunity to sponsor someone without it breaking their budget.

Too funny lol

FULL CONTACT FIGHTER and TIRE BARN are the earliest sponsors I recall, both for MATT HUGHES…

ALSO…remember when RICCO RODRIGUEZ did the huge back temporarry Henna Tatoo of GOLDEN PALACE like I had seen a boxer or two do over the years, Dana was livid and upset and it might have been Ricco’s last fight in the UFC because of it

TRIGG sponsored by HEAD BLADE was memorable

Nytron -

Hahahaha, nice clip.

I didn't know you were the first to do the banners, wow! I really miss those banners, and that era in general.

Lmao at the interview and this Penn GIF

Mike Swick -
Kirik -

That's awesome!

Well where is the picture of you with the first banner?!

I have a vague recollection of the UFC having a totally weak sponsor overall and on the ring or whatever. Like laughably bad. And it was such a big deal when they got Budweiser. 

Also Reebok and the death of fighters having promotions on their clothes and whatever was bad. They gave you like 5-50k based on how many fights you had and everyone lost money. At least at first. 

What ever happened to Xience? I’m surprised that it never took off. Should have been Red Bull before there was Red Bull. 

OG2006 -
Mike Swick -
Kirik -

That's awesome!

Well where is the picture of you with the first banner?!

If you google me and “first sponsor banner” it will come up. It’s a huge white vinyl with Toe 2 Toe on it. I did a podcast episode covering it and showed it as well. Was a bit bigger than the later regulation size. Lol

Nice!

Mike Swick -
Mandible_Claw -

They usually put the Condom Depot logo right across the ass off the shorts too. Bad choice lol 

I remember when Woodley had "Dude Wipes" printed on the ass of his shorts. I thought that shit was funny.

I read an article and apparently his performance put Dude Wipes on the map as a force to be reconned with in the wipes game (for dudes). Being serious though, their sales took off after that. 

BLAF is correct concerning these companies I had never heard of, thus causing me look them up. Cobb84 or something, which IIRC was lumber. Serra had 1 that I looked up and I still didnt get it.