When did ‘Colonizer’ become an insult?

Probably when whichever native race that was butchered acquired equal rights.

Is it?  I’ve never heard it used as an insult?

Mynewscreenname -

This.

OP, where did you hear this?

Nitecrawler -
Mynewscreenname -

This.

It's a new thing the brown people are saying. 

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye -
Nitecrawler -
Mynewscreenname -

This.

It's a new thing the brown people are saying. 

“Brown people” huh? Lets not race bait or turn this thread into a race bashing, ok?

Im generally curious where yourself and the OP heard this. Social media? Said to you in person?  

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Colonizer

I’ve heard it a couple times since I’ve come home a couple weeks ago... It’s usually said as a joke, but it does seem to come from the Black Panther movie.

amadeus -

I’ve heard it a couple times since I’ve come home a couple weeks ago... It’s usually said as a joke, but it does seem to come from the Black Panther movie.

Do they say it in the BP movie? I haven’t seen it yet. 

Nitecrawler -
amadeus -

It is said in BP. I was watching a YouTube video of two black people responding to something Ben Shapiro said and they kept referring to him as a colonizer over and over. Not sure why it's considered an insult but it seemed that's how they were using it.

Ive heard it a few years ago now ,  anti Columbus Day movement that sort of thing 

i am solrac9 -

Ive heard it a few years ago now ,  anti Columbus Day movement that sort of thing 

This

Been around for a while.  White, Western, butchering oppressors 

That’s a synonym for anal-rapist?

the_shrike -
i am solrac9 -

This

Been around for a while.  White, Western, butchering oppressors 

Hasn't been used in a positive way since at least the 70s.

It’s not.

I prefer conqueror.

I prefer extreme winner.

arlovskiwonmyheart -
Nitecrawler -
amadeus -

It is said in BP. I was watching a YouTube video of two black people responding to something Ben Shapiro said and they kept referring to him as a colonizer over and over. Not sure why it's considered an insult but it seemed that's how they were using it.

That's even funnier because he's a Jew lol.

It's a way for someone to let you know their culture had their shit pushed in and now they're crying about it. 

Colonizer?  Keep trying, minorities...