When did Trolling become the Norm?

BTW this forum has been infested with trolls since day one. KKM?

Chimonos Revenge - 
Haulport - 
Chimonos Revenge - We are already losing an awesome Mod and Thread Contributor because of this bullshit, let's not let them chase away all the quality posters with their drivel.
BTW: who are we losing?

Damn Severn.

De-modded himself and says he's leaving.

Can't blame him. I'd hate life if I was expected to read most of these threads.

EpicConfessions - MMA has always been the laid back have fun forum.

Sherdog is for the super duper cerial discussion, you might want to check it out.

lol at suggesting Sherdog over the UG.

If there is a problem with a great forum (the UG), the solution certainly isn't to suggest the non-trolls leave.

That is backwards thinking, son.

CRE must have some sort of in with kirik or something. He started a thread yesterday where he flat out said that Siver and his opponent were worse than amatuer fighters. More than once. Mods posted in the theead and it was almost like they were high fiving him for his troll thead. Very odd.

They did ban dr. Mma and auzzie though. So baby steps i guess... Phone Post

People troll the internet bud, you might as well get used to it, it is a fact of life.

Learn to sort information better.

You know I like to talk about tactics in a fight (how each fighter will approach a fight) and what their strengths are how this will play out in the cage (even after a fight I like to talk about how the fight played out tactically). Really it's allot like how I have approached football mentally as a fan forever.

Sadly you get very little of that type of mentality from UG'ers. You expect some troll responses in a thread yes, but you also expect some posters who are willing to talk MMA in depth and objectively. What percent of the UG does this? Really all you get SUCH A HIGH PERCENTAGE of time is an opinion thrown down your throat often with no logic given to support it AT ALL!

Doctor NPD - The trolling on here sickens me!! It's time for a revolution. Ban the trolls! Start with NarlyPersianDude!

I've been here a year, lurked six months before that an all I've seen NPD do is create MMA related threads. I'd ban the tards that follow him around every thread first. Phone Post

vote down system really does work, I encourage you to use it and PM a Mod when you see someone violating the TOS.

going to miss DamnSevern.

This place has always had its share of trolls. Peaks and valleys.

That being said, I do feel that certain individuals trolling has been tolerated to the point where it has rewarded them with a sort of notoriety. Perhaps this has set a (poor) example to new posters that have arrived over the last few years..making it worse than before. Traffic is up too, of course, and the number of bottom feeder attention whores increase with the overall population. :)

Chimonos Revenge - Seriously.

The majority of the threads on the UG right now are TMZ style, idiotic troll threads.

Case in point, anything from Reality TV Star.

I think it's time for the mods to clean house, for the sake of the people that just want decent MMA discussion and don't to have to wade through 50% bullshit every time they log on to the UG.

We are already losing an awesome Mod and Thread Contributor because of this bullshit, let's not let them chase away all the quality posters with their drivel.

/rant over

I copied all 100 of th ecurrent threads below. By your estimate, over 50 should be troll threads.

Truth is, the single thread that is unequivocally a troll - stating something that is not true for the purpose of getting people excited, is this one.

Seriously.

Rousey vs. Kaufman weigh-In live (7:00 ET) Sticky Thread

Why does Jr Dos santos kind of fly under radar??

Most liked fighters no matter what?

Ariel: Jon Jones' deal worth 20k/year

What's up with Hendo's breathing?

Kaufman confident despite death threat

Have you ever sparred against a UFC level fighter

Rousey on one meal per day diet

Did You Know Fedor Emelianenko was an artist?

interesting karate video Video Thread

When did Trolling become the Norm?

JDS-Cain 2 will not be a close fight.

Bobby Green vs Matt Ricehouse

WASH YOUR M-F'IN ARSE DOUCHEBAGS

Click here to see my rackThe Underground Store

BJ Penn: "Rory knew he was gonna lose"

Saluraba was overrated as a fighter.

Bendo will beat Nate Diaz.

UG Heavyweight GP (Xbox 360)

Rousy is annoying

Hard not to like Rousey

Dana: Lowest PPV gate since 2007, without a doubt

Coolest looking MIxed Martial Artist?

Mike "The Machine" Connors anybody know him?

Strikeforce betting

rogan pwning some comedian on podacst now

Anyone use Battle Ropes? If so, TMA.

What did Koch do to deserve a shot at Aldo?

Some fighters can't stand the UG.....

Ariel - Dont ever interrupt me.

James McSweeney possibly back in ufc with next win

Anderson Silva crying in the locker room Video Thread

My First Day at BJJ Class

Tyrone Mims final interview

Jones vs Silva in 1 on 1 basketball

Looking for sponsors for fight with Batista

AFS -- Team Asylum, Head Inpatient

JDS opens as slight favorite over Velasquez

Awesome video of Shogun and Wandy sparring at..

Chaels fighting Forrest dec. 29th

Was Munoz really no 3?

Chris Weidman's wrestling..

Not 4 nothing, Frankie should get rematch.

romo this Prado!

Burglars break into BTT, then crap themselves

Chuck's best KO was...?

Jon Jones to CP Sonnen: I'm more than you'll ever

Who's down with OSP?

Brand New 30 ft circle w/ catwalk ready to go

In 3 Weeks, Everyone Will Be Drilling This...

TheSHOOT! - Luke Rockholds ear! Video Thread

Legacy Fighting Championship 13 in Dallas Tx.

Is chael that much smaller then Forrest?

Does ZAWI still post here?

request: fedor "who it" shirt

Joe Lauzon vs Diego Sanchez no or yes? Poll Thread

Dodgy fake Twitter UFC fighter

GSP Would Destroy Nick Diaz

José Aldo Almost 7 TO 1 Favourite Over Erik Koch

Countering Hendo: Robinson vs Fullmer

Attempted robbery of MMA Gym..

So Forrest is openly being used as a stepping ston

Scariest looking fighter across the ring from you?

Simple, do you prefer to see Andy vs GSP or Jones Poll Thread

ATTN: Joe Rogan

McCall like Rousey, unimpressed w/ Michael Phelps Video Thread

Sarah Kaufman vs Alexis Davis Video Thread

Ronda talks Cyborg: Stop doping and meet me at 135

Can the UG beat the OG ?? Complete the alphabet?

Nate Diaz's record is wrong on front page article

Imanari fights 2morrow...

Is Cerrone the challenge Aldo needs?

anderson...y u duck this man?

Honda talking about Cyborg meeting her at 135 lbs

Rhonda is getting a canadian ass kickin!!!!

UFC Fantasy/ The UG League Results

Julie Kedzie's '6 or 7' year struggle with bulimia

If Tito couldn't beat Forrest how can Chael?

Miesha Tate or Julie Kedzie?

NY ABC MMA Judge Course 8/25/12

Alex Morgan's Winning Goals Video Thread

Hendo vs Jones Recommendations,Low Calf/Sweep Kick Video Thread

Strikeforce fight card (with pics)

Will anyone finish Benson Henderson Poll Thread

Any one else sick of hearing bisping talk?

Lyoto Machida vs Jon Jones Strategy & Techniques! Video Thread

What ruined the Rousey vs Kaufman hype?

Lupo Locks Need to Be A UG Sticky

Hey jraymond

New Fake BLack Belt 4/13/12

Most talented Tuf fighters to never make it

Funniest Comment Ever on UG?

Attn Dana White..u absolutly s...

Ufc 73 "stacked" was an awesome card!

Vid On how to do Fedor's last 2 career KO's! Video Thread

Judom is the ug's best grappling authority

Learn to Punch like Fedor, and some RMA Basics! Video Thread

Wrestling's All-Time Greats! (vids)

Will Rashad use Calf & knee Kicks vs Jones???

Your favorite non Main/Co Main Event Fighter?

Jason Miller posts bail, case remains open

^ Guess I've been sat down then :)

Note though, that there are times, especially at night that it seems much worse than that screen shot at this particular moment in time.

Sometimes it feels like you have to hunt for a good thread.

I know this one isnt one of them, but like i said, it was a rant.

Move it to the "Panties in a bunch-ground" if you want to, Kirik.

Doctor NPD -
UGCTT_KaBrooney - 
Doctor NPD - The trolling on here sickens me!! It's time for a revolution. Ban the trolls! Start with NarlyPersianDude!

I've been here a year, lurked six months before that an all I've seen NPD do is create MMA related threads. I'd ban the tards that follow him around every thread first. Phone Post

Wipe them all out. NPD makes MMA related threads but most of them are incredibly dumb to the point that it screams troll - to me anyways

My argument to that is what sounds dumb to you is not dumb to others. I'm new to the sport and use his threads as a learning tool (not just his!).

Maybe a forum should be started for newer members and only once you are proven to be a good poster you can get in a VIP lounge, fuck m8 I dunno, but I agree with the OP, the trolling needs to be clamped down on. Phone Post

Uchi - This place has always had its share of trolls. Peaks and valleys.

That being said, I do feel that certain individuals trolling has been tolerated to the point where it has rewarded them with a sort of notoriety. Perhaps this has set a (poor) example to new posters that have arrived over the last few years..making it worse than before. Traffic is up too, of course, and the number of bottom feeder attention whores increase with the overall population. :)

There are guys that create parody threads Like Calo and Cre that aren't really "trolling" though, im not really talking about those.

Im mean more like the threads that are basically just made up topics that do not stem from any source or fact to create dissonance.

Whatever though, I'll let it go.

It's a sentiment that a lot of people express though.

It became truly popular when parent filters became effective and non training kids got bored with black opp video games and realized there was more to life but still could not get a girlfriend Phone Post

is there a reason that no one uses the pros-only option anymore?

Or does it just not function any longer?

Chimonos Revenge - 
Haulport - 
Chimonos Revenge - We are already losing an awesome Mod and Thread Contributor because of this bullshit, let's not let them chase away all the quality posters with their drivel.

Damn Severn.

Damn has not seemed himself lately, from some of his responses/posts I have seen, he has been very edgy and short. hopefully is everything is well in his personal life. Case in point: in a thread regarding ppv cards being watered down, and people not wanting to spend $60x15 on what they perceive as lackluster offerings, damn was just makes short comments getting snippy about people streaming, fuck the ug, etc. one doesn't have to agree with the sentiment regarding the recent quality/number/price of ppv's, but it is a very valid topic of discussion either way..

hope damn simmers down and comes back to be the incredible contributor that he has always been.

^^^Yeah, he has been my favorite poster for a while

Always use to make great gif threads, post info about prospects and old fight videos.

It's a shame.

Its not a surprise he was the most voted up poster for months.

Chimonos Revenge - 
Uchi - This place has always had its share of trolls. Peaks and valleys.

There are guys that create parody threads Like Calo and Cre that aren't really "trolling" though, im not really talking about those.

Im mean more like the threads that are basically just made up topics that do not stem from any source or fact to create dissonance.

Whatever though, I'll let it go.

It's a sentiment that a lot of people express though.

I was just speculating and little more. At the end of the day, ignoring the obvious nonsense is just the easiest thing to do. To give trolls the attention they seek is just to enable more trolling.

Chimonos Revenge -
Haulport - 

Damn Severn.

WWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!
ITS TIME FOR MOTHER F*CKERS TO PAY Phone Post

EpicConfessions - People troll the internet bud, you might as well get used to it, it is a fact of life.
Learn to sort information better.

I don't really like you, just wanted to say that, and also PLEASE don't leave damnsevern! Your one of my favorite posters around. Phone Post