When do you open gifts?

When do you open your Christmas gifts from your family?

We always opened all family gifts on Christmas Eve and then just Santa gifts on Christmas morning.

My wife's family opened everything on Christmas morning.

Kids get one present each Christmas Eve and the rest are Christmas morning. 

My family always did 12 day of christmas where you got gifts every day for 12 days before.

Usually small stuff but occasionally with a surprise nice gift in there, we would still get the "big gifts" on christmas or christmas eve.

Everything Christmas morning.

And if the kids haven't been behaving, then not until after breakfast on Christmas morning

Haha!

well.

I got home from closing the bar on Friday and both the ladies were still up (I live with my wife and ex-girlfriend (long story and less exciting than you’d think)) and we were all a little drunk and we were like, “hey, how about ONE present each....?”

Yeah.  We opened everything in the house!

Fantastic Christmas :)

Christmas Eve have a big Italian 7 fish meal and we open all the presents from cousins and extended family on my fathers side.

Then on Christmas morning we all go to my brothers house, my mom etc and open family gifts for my nephew and have a new neice who is 12 days old. 

Then we all go to my aunts on my mothers side for Christmas dinner and open the gifts from that side of the family.

I live in Sweden. The big celebration is today, Christmas Eve. Santa knocked on the door early evening and handed over a present each, and a big bag with the rest of the gifts. Then we had Christmas dinner and after that we handed out the rest of the presents while reading gift rhymes. Kids are playing now and I'm sitting back relaxing.

Right now it’s just me and my youngest daughter,and I think I’ll let her open her one present,her rifle,before anyone gets here.

Then we open up everything else when everybody gets here.......then we’re having a taco bar ;))

ziggystardust - I live in Sweden. The big celebration is today, Christmas Eve. Santa knocked on the door early evening and handed over a present each, and a big bag with the rest of the gifts. Then we had Christmas dinner and after that we handed out the rest of the presents while reading gift rhymes. Kids are playing now and I'm sitting back relaxing.

My father is German, so we exchange gifts with my family Christmas Eve. Christmas AM, my wife, myself, and my daughter do the gifts from Santa. Then during the afternoon we go to my in laws and do gifts with my wife’s family.