When fighter's fight

I was reflecting on this watching Holly Holm fight on Saturday how she's gotten very good at playing the game and good on her.  I don't balme her one bit, but I turned it off after the 2nd round, to my taste it's unwatchable.  I like fighters who let you know you're in a FIGHT not a sporting contest

1 Like

I was impressed by the performance and that she won every Round using a well rounded strategy. I know this is the “fight game” but at the end of the day, it’s a Sport as well. All Sports have styles and strategies and she used her’s to perfection Saturday. I can understand if it’s not your cup of tea, but it was interesting how she used her footwork, range fighting and grappling to defeat a taller opponent who has reach and a very extensive Striking background.

1 Like
TwentyNineTwentyEight - I was impressed by the performance and that she won every Round using a well rounded strategy. I know this is the “fight game” but at the end of the day, it’s a Sport as well. All Sports have styles and strategies and she used her’s to perfection Saturday. I can understand if it’s not your cup of tea, but it was interesting how she used her footwork, range fighting and grappling to defeat a taller opponent who has reach and a very extensive Striking background.

I vofed you up for respectfully disagreeing with me. 

1 Like
Live in Vegas -
TwentyNineTwentyEight - I was impressed by the performance and that she won every Round using a well rounded strategy. I know this is the “fight game” but at the end of the day, it’s a Sport as well. All Sports have styles and strategies and she used her’s to perfection Saturday. I can understand if it’s not your cup of tea, but it was interesting how she used her footwork, range fighting and grappling to defeat a taller opponent who has reach and a very extensive Striking background.

Karma. Good on ya for seeing both sides.

Live in Vegas - 

Voted up, Cheers!

TwentyNineTwentyEight - I was impressed by the performance and that she won every Round using a well rounded strategy. I know this is the “fight game” but at the end of the day, it’s a Sport as well. All Sports have styles and strategies and she used her’s to perfection Saturday. I can understand if it’s not your cup of tea, but it was interesting how she used her footwork, range fighting and grappling to defeat a taller opponent who has reach and a very extensive Striking background.

By the same token, the fight game is their career. They want to maximize their potential for earnings and the length of their careers to make those earnings.

This isn’t just some ego-driven backyard fight to squash a beef.

Liyon - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight - I was impressed by the performance and that she won every Round using a well rounded strategy. I know this is the “fight game” but at the end of the day, it’s a Sport as well. All Sports have styles and strategies and she used her’s to perfection Saturday. I can understand if it’s not your cup of tea, but it was interesting how she used her footwork, range fighting and grappling to defeat a taller opponent who has reach and a very extensive Striking background.

By the same token, the fight game is their career. They want to maximize their potential for earnings and the length of their careers to make those earnings.

This isn’t just some ego-driven backyard fight to squash a beef.

Yet, one has an advantage of youth and one has an advantage of experience. The “Experience” won, and even though there were different scores, the Judges were correct with the winner.

I clicked off the illegal stream I was watching before the fight even started. 

WMMA does not belong on a main card 99% of the time, especially in a main event. 

Honestly I thought she was more aggressive and looked to finish more than any other fight since the Ronda one. Asking her to come forward and trade in the pocket is like asking her to throw her paycheck and career in the trash. She’s gonna get KO’d. To your point though, I get why it wouldn’t be exciting to watch. Not every fighter can be entertaining to everyone.