When ISIS captures a Russian pilot or soldier...

Grabbing the port and demonstrating to Russians in Ukraine that Russia would not surrender their region to NATO was set off by NATO expansion. Imagine Russia moving missile defense systems to Mexico or Cuba for a parallel. It is strange how Americans construct these narratives. People still believe the September 11 attacks were a sucker punch out of nowhere instead of Al Quaeda attacking buildings that they tried to blow up before long after they declared war on the US. With Putin the west behaves as if they were just minding their own business in the world and this big bad man just attacked another innocent country for no reason whatsoever.

You don't have to hero worship Putin to acknowledge that he is coming across as a more skilled statesman with a far more coherent approach to the ME.

What NATO enlargment are you talking about? NATO hasn't expanded since 2009 nor was there ever any real discussion about Ukraine joining NATO prior to the Russian invasion of Crimea. At most, a few member countries talked in very vague terms about how they might potentially welcome Ukraine into the fold at some point in the future but those sorts of statements have been common since the end of the Cold War. There was no reason for Russia to worry about losing access to Sevastopol either, thanks to an agreement they had with Ukraine that guaranteed Russian access to the port until 2042.

"NATO enlargement" doesn't explain Russia's action in Ukraine. Instead, I think it's more about Putin trying to re-establish the Russian sphere of influence. Which also helps explain the burgeoning coalition in Syria.

The Russians will have the same problem as the US fighting insurgents. Those guys will hide out with the civilians and the Russians will be forced to fight a ground war. it'll drag on and their casualties will heap up. They may get the best of ISIS but those guys will just scatter rather than fighting to the finish. Then Syria will have to re-establish and the Russians will need a garrison there to fight off small unit action from Isis for...like ever.

I say let the Muslims fight each other and come in a conquer them when they are weak. Let the Russians take some heat for a while. Phone Post 3.0

Root12 -
Ridgeback -

It is crazy that ISIS is not being wiped out right now with extreme prejudice.  They have shown what they are capable of.  They have declared war.  They will keep expanding and working towards getting nuclear weapons to use against western targets.  

So yes if the Russians manage to put the boot to ISIS then good for them.  

I don't get it man. We should have obliterated them loooooong ago. Phone Post 3.0
Because isis isn't a club with a fucking warehouse we can target, it's men and women and children that whole heartedly believe in Islam. Our government refuses to admit that Islam is the problem which compounds the issue. It's damn near impossible to distinguish who is Isis and who is just a random guy over there. These people cut off heads on Tuesday and video tape it then take off their scarf and oh look it's just a common lowly peasant Muslim dude working a 9-5 to support his kids.

When they are in huge bandwagons mobbing through the desert it is easily to pick them out, but in a city...perfect camo. It's gonna be a bitch, plus half
The countries in the Region secretly support them. Phone Post 3.0

emu67 - The Russians will have the same problem as the US fighting insurgents. Those guys will hide out with the civilians and the Russians will be forced to fight a ground war. it'll drag on and their casualties will heap up. They may get the best of ISIS but those guys will just scatter rather than fighting to the finish. Then Syria will have to re-establish and the Russians will need a garrison there to fight off small unit action from Isis for...like ever.

I say let the Muslims fight each other and come in a conquer them when they are weak. Let the Russians take some heat for a while. Phone Post 3.0
This, it's really hopeless. We could literally sit down and execute every person who is in "Isis" and the very next day 10,000 "radical" Islamist would take their place. It's literally never going to end as long as Islam exist. Phone Post 3.0

There will be an ISIS flag over the capital in a week if Assad is ousted and Damascus falls to the 'rebels'.

"The fuck are you talking about? NeoCons love Putin."

Maybe we should all love Putin for taking out the rebels and subsequently ISIS. Unless you want ISIS to take total control of Syria. The 'rebels' aren't good guys, they're just slightly less of a scourge than ISIS. The 'rebels' will not be able to stop ISIS from seizing power if Assad falls.

Not a fan of putin but Russians will accept him doing anything. The Usa is too politically correct Phone Post 3.0

Stellarborg:

You never answered the question

Why should Americans give a shit about what happens in Ukraine? Phone Post 3.0

Say what you will about Putin's motives, but if you think there is any other outcome to the removal of the Asad regime than ISIS or another fundie group coming to power in Syria, you just aren't being realistic...

For many it has nothing to do with glorifying Putin, and far more to do with just wanting the crazies in the ME to be contained as much as possible. Phone Post 3.0

stellarborg -
Ridgeback - 
Kubla khan - 
stellarborg -
Ridgeback - 
Tiresias - It seems to me things have the chance to get clusterfucked. At what point are the U.S./Turkey and Russia going to start tangling? That's the overall strategic slant of things... Things can get stupid.

If Obama kicks off a war with Russia over Syrian rebels (a good number of whom are suspect) he can fight it himself.

Obama and NATO should have kicked off a war with Russia a long time ago over invasion of eastern Ukraine

but then again if he did so he would be an imperialistic warmonger around these parts. if he does nothing then he is a 'weak leader' though just like the rest of them 'feminized' liberals

wtf?

Why should we give a shit about Ukraine? Phone Post 3.0

Grabbing the port and demonstrating to Russians in Ukraine that Russia would not surrender their region to NATO was set off by NATO expansion.  Imagine Russia moving missile defense systems to Mexico or Cuba for a parallel.  It is strange how Americans construct these narratives.  People still believe the September 11 attacks were a sucker punch out of nowhere instead of Al Quaeda attacking buildings that they tried to blow up before long after they declared war on the US.  With Putin the west behaves as if they were just minding their own business in the world and this big bad man just attacked another innocent country for no reason whatsoever.  

You don't have to hero worship Putin to acknowledge that he is coming across as a more skilled statesman with a far more coherent approach to the ME. 

gotta love the evolution of these crazies

they hate 'liberal' America so much they actually are actively rooting against our country now

aren't you the same guy who kept posting how America is going down

you fail

our country is Strong

So I'm a liberal now!? Sometimes the OG leaves me feeling like I have a personality complex... Phone Post 3.0

Putin may go nuclear.

Tactical nukes. None of this pussy footing around.

jacktripper - 
FedorFan5000 - Have you seen pictures of Grozny after Putin had it leveled?
Or how about the Russian apartment buildings Putin leveled Phone Post 3.0

Rumors...but probably true.

Ari2 - Yea. So ruthless that he'll say, "were gonna attack isis" with a straight face while he attacks a 3rd party. His main concern is simply keeping his business partner Assad in business.

Fucking fan boys of him all have daddy issues. Which is pretty typical of conservatives in general. Phone Post 3.0
I'm conservative leaning and your liberal leaning so I surmise your a aids infected homo who takes 12 big cocks up the ass a day and your a welfare fraud queen. See I can group you demifags too. Kisses Nancy. Phone Post 3.0

NineFightFour - 
emu67 - The Russians will have the same problem as the US fighting insurgents. Those guys will hide out with the civilians and the Russians will be forced to fight a ground war. it'll drag on and their casualties will heap up. They may get the best of ISIS but those guys will just scatter rather than fighting to the finish. Then Syria will have to re-establish and the Russians will need a garrison there to fight off small unit action from Isis for...like ever.

This, it's really hopeless. We could literally sit down and execute every person who is in "Isis" and the very next day 10,000 "radical" Islamist would take their place. It's literally never going to end as long as Islam exist. Phone Post 3.0

This is why Putin isn't even fighting insurgents, he's fighting the more sane militias that are fighting assad.

Essentially he is leaving no middle ground in Syria. Its either Isis or Assad. and that's just what he wants because the US has to choose Assad, but they will already be allied with Russia.

The only alternative is to wipe out assad and Isis, hopefully with ideas.

I don't know why there isn't a stronger social media campaign against ISIS. People should harp on how crazy these guys are and not stop harping until noone but the crazies will admit to being one.

Hey Joe, can I get the check?

Henry, what are you doing, we just got here.

I got that thing with Tuddy. Phone Post 3.0

Jaxxx - 

There is a real world leader who can handle terrorists and a crisis. His name is Vladimir Putin.  Obammy couldn't fetch Vlad's coffee.

Putin isn't fighting the terrorists. They got their asses handed to them last time by the terrorists.

Putin is going after the non ISIS rebels.

Anybody remember Russias experience in Afganhistan (sp)?

Seriously.

gr3asegun - 

Anybody remember Russias experience in Afganhistan (sp)?

Seriously.

LOL at comparing Syrian rebels to the Afghan Mujahadin.  

The Afghans are ultimately unbeatable and ungovernable.

This has been the case for thousands of years...

No chance the Syrian rebels are going to be able to beat them...