When Python Wrangling Goes Wrong

I was rooting for the python.

Is it invisible for anyone else. Can't see shit capn. Phone Post

Pry the snake off? It bit your face you fucking hippie. Cut its god damn head off and it'd drop off fast.

When they got it off him and the woman grabbed it I was waiting for it to latch onto her.

That would have been comedy gold right there!

DezzNutzz - 

Is it invisible for anyone else. Can't see shit capn. Phone Post

Can't see shit either captain

MickColins - 
Pry the snake off? It bit your face you fucking hippie. Cut its god damn head off and it'd drop off fast.

Not necessarily true. It would make it easier to pry off though. A simple splash of any hard liquor in it's mouth/eyes would have made it release immediately. Or very hot or cold water splashed on it (amazing how many "experts" seem totally unaware of this). No snake over 7' should ever be handled without an extra person, AND one of those nearby. Quick, easy end to it, aside from stitches and whatnot, lol. I personally break that rule all the time but it's dumb and risky and I shouldn't.

When people work with snakes, and aren't complete idiots, they generally accept that being bitten is a high possibility, even likely hood at some point. At the very least, many will try. Hence why people like you tend not to do such things. Although that guy did do some questionable shit there.

Wrangling snakes and getting pissed because one bit you is like buying a puppy and losing your shit when it pisses on your floor once, or becoming an MMA fighter and shooting a guy for punching you. Like you didn't know that shit was coming.

Which is why you should never believe any idiot who tells you their pet snake never bites or whatever. No such thing as a snake that "won't" bite, just ones that haven't yet. Accept the risk or stay the fuck away from snakes.

Burmese pythons are an invasive species that are fucking up the Florida Everglades and other marsh areas. They shouldn't be wrangled, they should be killed, skinned and give the meat to a soup kitchen and the skin to someone who makes shoes. And if one bites me in the face, I'm wearing it as cowboy boots the next box social that pops up in town.

MickColins - 

Burmese pythons are an invasive species that are fucking up the Florida Everglades and other marsh areas. They shouldn't be wrangled, they should be killed, skinned and give the meat to a soup kitchen and the skin to someone who makes shoes. And if one bites me in the face, I'm wearing it as cowboy boots the next box social that pops up in town.

If one bites you in the face without you picking it up (in a stupid way like the video especially), it is probably large enough to view you as a potential meal and will follow with constriction. If you are alone, you're not going to the next box social that "pops up in town".

In for man eating snake videos...

"Watch the cussing Ed" ROFL I'd say the snake was the least of his problems

Fuck. I would never handle a snake like that. My.python is about 2 & 1/2 feet. And wouldn't risk picking it up like that. Phone Post

soonertodd -
DezzNutzz -  Is it invisible for anyone else. Can't see shit capn. Phone Post

Can't see shit either captain

Phone Post

tornadochoke - 

Fuck. I would never handle a snake like that. My.python is about 2 & 1/2 feet. And wouldn't risk picking it up like that. Phone Post

I have more than one significantly larger, and some much more aggressive. I wouldn't have any skin left if I did that shit.

That's the thing about snake "wranglers" and whatnot. All you have to do is be comfortable catching and handling snakes to be called an "expert", regardless of actual knowledge. That's why you so often see them doing dumb shit like that, and then paying for it and then not knowing how to handle it, etc.

These days it takes nothing more than a lack of fear to be an "expert".

His wife's a better snake wrangler than him.

lars_schifinkter - His wife's a better snake wrangler than him.

Still doesn't seem very knowledgeable, snake was on that dude way longer than necessary. lol@"maybe it won't like juice?".

They should know how to get a large snake off of someone BEFORE they do that shit. Just common sense.

If that snake were much larger he would surely be dead with only her around.

^^Not arguing any of that sir.

Watched that whole show when it aired. There was a small female animal control that tried wrangling what had to have been a 14-15 ft Burmese out of a pool, she gave up quick and called for back up. It was stupid to even try by herself. Phone Post