When’s the last time you cried and why?

Yes, I’m a faggot and my wife engulfs the bbc.  Footnotes; Boo Fucking Hoo

With that said, I used to be an insensitive calloused soul when it came to death, tv shows/movies, and emotions over all.  I didn’t have the best upbringing but plenty in this world have it worse so I won’t even harp on that. 

A lot contributed to it like upbringing, environment, work(funeral home), etc...

Now I have a 9 and 2 year old sons.  The last year or so, I’ve been getting upset/emotional to the brink of crying and sometimes shedding crocodile tears over odd things that never affected me in the past.   

My wife thinks it’s awesome that I’m not a cold hearted prick but I’m just left wondering why and why all of sudden?  

Examples of things I’ve cried over: 

1)Peaking at the gym one night during sparring and then the next night getting obliterated.  The whole ride home was a baby fest. 

2)Watching a Newtown documentary and seeing the home videos of some of the kids that had died, completely destroyed me.  

3)Discussing with my wife that I wanted to encourage our boys to go after whatever they loved as far as professions and/or hobbies.  My parents never pushed anything more than “graduate high school”.  No encouragements about careers or serious hobbies.  

4)Going over board when getting upset at my son while disciplining.  Not beating him or anything but just saying dumb shit in the moment.  Only to think about it minutes/hours later and completely breakdown because I never wanted to be my dad who was a complete asshole at times.  

Anyways, here’s some examples.  I love the OG and know I can express some feelings here.  I don’t use any other social media anymore so I have the OG and real friends.  You guys kick ass. 

10 mins ago...everyday this last 9 days or so.

My father is dying

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff - 10 mins ago...everyday this last 9 days or so.

My father is dying

Sorry to hear man.  :/

I cry from pure emotion and love when I think of my wife and children sometimes. I feel so lucky. I also cry every now and then about my dad... he passed away 4 years ago and it still gets me.

ive always been a faggot tho... so.... not sure if I count.

My father is dying

Sending you love my brother.

I cried last year while listening to Little Wing on my way to work.  Obviously I was thinking about my wife and kids but have no clue why it hit me in the feels like that at all.  

I was crying my eyes out and then laughing and saying “what the fuck is wrong me” 

My father is dying

Damnit. Sorry bro. 

I cried at church this past Sunday. This woman sang a song that my twin sister used to sang all the time and I just couldn’t hold it together. My twin sister passed away unexpectedly 5 years ago and I still miss her very much.  Her 11 year old son came to visit for Christmas and he looks just her. I didn’t want him to leave. 

About 2 years ago when my dog was dying from a heart murmur. When he was diagnosed they said he had between a week to a few months to live. 2 years later he was still going strong and then it started.  He deteriorated so fast, he went from a hyper super active little terror to losing half his weight and not doing anything in two weeks. I finally had to let him go. It was probably the saddest day of my life when we put him down. He drifted off in my arms after the vet gave him the shot.

strict9 -

About 2 years ago when my dog was dying from a heart murmur. When he was diagnosed they said he had between a week to a few months to live. 2 years later he was still going strong and then it started.  He deteriorated so fast, he went from a hyper super active little terror to losing half his weight and not doing anything in two weeks. I finally had to let him go. It was probably the saddest day of my life when we put him down. He drifted off in my arms after the vet gave him the shot.

So I should change my answer to about 2 minutes ago. Shit still makes me sad.

2 weeks ago at my father in laws funeral

After I dropped my daughter off last Sunday.  That was the first time in a while. Probably a couple years. My ex moved in with her boyfriend an hour and a half away.  

Both my kids are doing great and my ex’s boyfriend is awesome. I couldn’t ask for them to be in a better situation. 

But their lives don't really involve me as much anymore.  Making it to practices and that kind of thing through the week just isn’t realistic anymore. I just miss them. My son is almost 16 and his own things going on. He’s fine without me around all the time.

But my daughter is 9 and I miss her terribly.  Watching her grow up from afar is gut wrenching.  It hit me Sunday that they don’t “need me” anymore. The family she has around everyday is her life now. That tore my heart out. 

Im happy for her.  And my ex honestly. But watching your kids build a life apart from you is brutal. It’s left a kind of void that I don’t know how to fill. 

Had to put my dog down out of nowhere on Friday.. cried like a bitch and still getting emotional here and there.. it comes in waves, miss the guy so fuckin much.. 

Yesterday, it was the funeral for my friend. I was holding my composure fine until I saw his kids. That did me in.

yesterday. An episode of Rick and Morty made me sad. 

jbbarne - Yesterday, it was the funeral for my friend. I was holding my composure fine until I saw his kids. That did me in.

This makes me feel like a bitch. 

I cant imagine being at a funeral for my ex. My kids would be absolutely crushed. I’m not sure there is a word for it.  No matter now good me and all of the family did, no matter how much we tried. They’d be fucked up in the head for a long time.  

Thank god they’ve never had to deal with that kind of thing. 

It got dusty in my room when I was reading about all the Parkland, FL heroes who got killed.

Couple nights ago laughing at Rumblefish's night out 

I had to put my 14 year old dog down in December.  I had to do it at 1am and had to work 10am-11pm the next day.  I cried all night and halfway composed myself and made it to work.  I supervise about 25 people at work, so my day revolved around finding places to hide from them and grieve when waves of sadness hit me.  

Mynewscreenname - 
jbbarne - Yesterday, it was the funeral for my friend. I was holding my composure fine until I saw his kids. That did me in.

This makes me feel like a bitch. 

I cant imagine being at a funeral for my ex. My kids would be absolutely crushed. I’m not sure there is a word for it.  No matter now good me and all of the family did, no matter how much we tried. They’d be fucked up in the head for a long time.  

Thank god they’ve never had to deal with that kind of thing. 

It was pretty brutal, but we got to hang out later in the evening. His kids, some old friends, at his place. Shared a lot of great memories while going through his photo albums. The day ended on a much higher note.

I'm going by later to check on his girls. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a daily thing for a while to come.