When talking to your dog

Do you change the way you speak?

He already thinks he's people. I'm not going to talk to him like he's people. 

I raise my voice to tell her I mean business if she's being a shit.

Dogs clearly only understand English. I have no idea how people in other countries care for them. 

None of that baby talk crap, but when I want him to pay attention my voice is more excited and has a different cadence when giving commands.

Yes but only if she's being a good pup pup

Depending on what we are doing, while training it's different than when playing.

Only when we are having sex

I think dogs learn to understand tone rather than words.

Ask your dog if it wants to be put to sleep in the same tone you ask if he's hungry and it'll probably go apeshit.

Image result for dog cupcakes gif

HokutoShinken - I think dogs learn to understand tone rather than words.

Ask your dog if it wants to be put to sleep in the same tone you ask if he's hungry and it'll probably go apeshit.

They learn words also. My dogs would pick up the words walk or cookie in the middle of sentences and jump up.

I TALK TO HIM LIKE HE IS A RETARDED CHILD. 

TFK_HossPearson -

He already thinks he's people. I'm not going to talk to him like he's people. 

Lolol nailed it

StrikingMMA -

They learn words also. My dogs would pick up the words walk or cookie in the middle of sentences and jump up.

Yup, now I have to use the word "stroll" if l don't want to get my dog excited.

RocG - 
StrikingMMA -

My wife and I even tried spelling it out but our GSD quickly learned that also.

Yes, in the most embarrassing baby voice. I call her sweety sweetkins and make little kissing noises. Or, I am mad and she very clearly knows the difference. There is no middle ground. The wife is baffled by my behavior. I don't talk to her at all.

I had a boxer/pit and she would understand me based off my tone. She was naturally high as fuck all day.

StrikingMMA - 
RocG - 
StrikingMMA -

"T - R - E - A  - T - S"

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
StrikingMMA - 
RocG - 
StrikingMMA -

"T - R - E - A  - T - S"

Might work 2-3 times.