When will real estate crash?

Evictions are coming, people are not going to be able to pay their mortgage yet in some places, there is an uptick in home buying and it's generally a seller's market still?

What in the world is going on?

I know all conventional wisdom with the stock market has been thrown out the window but with the unemployment rates, drop in tourism (airbnb markets) and future foreclosures not affecting the market?  

Are people with cash just trying to jump on it and inflating the market right now?

In

1 Like

real estate has never been rational. it will stay stupid for a long time. 

we have to wait until all the dumbasses from california spread out across the country and spread their equity out until prices flatten across the country. 

one of many factors. 

Expand this question to the overall economy and stock market. Maybe the reinstatement of evictions is what bursts the bubble. 

John Cable -

real estate has never been rational. it will stay stupid for a long time. 

we have to wait until all the dumbasses from california spread out across the country and spread their equity out until prices flatten across the country. 

one of many factors. 

Yup. I’m in AZ and will probably sell in a year or 2 and then leave. We’ll have a massive influx of people from Cali looking for homes and inflation will balloon at some point. 

I’ve talked to many in the industry and those that were around for the crash. The consensus is, barring a complete economic collapse, we won’t see another 2008. The practices of the time were ridiculous and, anyone who has boutght recently will tell you, the vetting and verification process in place now is beyond rigorous. 

Sales in the suburbs have skyrocketed in the months of COVID around me with ppl escaping LA. I have a couple friends who have sold their house, trying to time a crash, but it hasn’t really worked out for them. Time will tell. 

It’s gonna be awhile. Baby boomers aren’t dead yet. 

1 Like

Odd

commercial real estate for retail and offices is hurting bad, warehouses are in demand

Road Warrior Fin -

Evictions are coming, people are not going to be able to pay their mortgage yet in some places, there is an uptick in home buying and it's generally a seller's market still?

I know all conventional wisdom with the stock market has been thrown out the window but with the unemployment rates, drop in tourism (airbnb markets) and future foreclosures not affecting the market?  

Are people with cash just trying to jump on it and inflating the market right now?

It will crash when there is more inventory than people to buy. 

right now interest rates are so low and there are so few homes on the market that home prices have increased in most places

When there is a mad rush to sell or when interest rates start to rise and people can’t afford their mortgages is when you’ll see a crash 

neither of those are happenjg any time soon 

1 Like

iqwrestler -

It’s gonna be awhile. Baby boomers aren’t dead yet. 

We'll try to hurry.

androb -
Road Warrior Fin -

right now interest rates are so low and there are so few homes on the market that home prices have increased in most places

When there is a mad rush to sell or when interest rates start to rise and people can’t afford their mortgages is when you’ll see a crash 

interest rates will rise one day. when it does. wtf is going to happen. Shit most homeowners are one missed payment away from starving. 

houses are grossly overpriced. Im beginning to  think renting is a better route. 

1 Like

roxa star -

Expand this question to the overall economy and stock market. Maybe the reinstatement of evictions is what bursts the bubble. 

When evictions start we're gonna see some sheet.

John Cable -
androb -
Road Warrior Fin -

interest rates will rise one day. when it does. wtf is going to happen. Shit most homeowners are one missed payment away from starving. 

Rates won’t rise until we have inflation 

and it doesn’t seem like that’s happening... the fed just said the interest rate would remain where it is for at least the next year as well 

so no crash any time soon. 

So that analysis and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee 

Captain Canuck -
roxa star -

Why and when are evictions starting?

they will do another round of stimulus and keep doing it until bars/restaurants/clubs are open. 

You can’t “shutter” business and not have stimulus or default protections 

androb -
Captain Canuck -
roxa star -

Why and when are evictions starting?

they will do another round of stimulus and keep doing it until bars/restaurants/clubs are open. 

You can’t “shutter” business and not have stimulus or default protections 

The tribunals here are set to open this month.

There are thousands of evictions set to play out.

It's gonna get ugly.

I just want cheaper rent. Looking for an apartment here in Northern Sonoma County but might have to go to South Mendocino County and commute back here to my job.

Houses are selling like hot cakes in CA.

2 Likes

Houses have already outpaced the growth of yearly incomes by over 10% we're in a bubble . The cost of homes can't keep rising at the current rate, it's impossible. 

expect a crash within 10 years.