When will they go to 2 mins between rounds?

I would have thought after the UFC dark ages this would have happened.

Will the Athletic commission not let them change to 2 min breaks?

Its crazy to use the boxing one min when the round is almost twice as long and includes more muscle use and endurance,

I think the fans would get to see way better fights, Fighters would go harder because they know they have an extra minute.

There would be less finishes. When fighters get exhausted they get knocked out or sub'd Phone Post 3.0

cwb100 - There would be less finishes. When fighters get exhausted they get knocked out or sub'd Phone Post 3.0
Possibly, but there could also be more competitive fights, and less gassed out wrestlers having a shitty kickboxing match.

Interesting idea. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think this will ever happen, breaks up the pace of the fight too much. It also can add up to 12 minutes to a PPV.

My vague understanding is that a longer rest break can also increase the likelihood of lactic acidosis (example: Shane Carwin round 2 vs. Brock Lesnar, or any number of slurred post-fight speeches).

HOWEVER, I would be in favor of stretching things out to say, 75 seconds. I think that would strike a better balance and allow fighters to be just a bit less gassed, while only adding 3 minutes or less to a 3 hour PPV. Phone Post 3.0

Yoel Romero approves!

When the ice spills.

Chromium - I don't think this will ever happen, breaks up the pace of the fight too much. It also can add up to 12 minutes to a PPV.

My vague understanding is that a longer rest break can also increase the likelihood of lactic acidosis (example: Shane Carwin round 2 vs. Brock Lesnar, or any number of slurred post-fight speeches).

HOWEVER, I would be in favor of stretching things out to say, 75 seconds. I think that would strike a better balance and allow fighters to be just a bit less gassed, while only adding 3 minutes or less to a 3 hour PPV. Phone Post 3.0

Where would you come up to adding 12 minutes to a PPV?

Bring back the 10 minute first round.

I would love 90 seconds between rounds.

Better for the fighters, and likely better for the fans due to quality of application of skills.

ShootProod - Bring back the 10 minute first round.
Yes yes yes Phone Post 3.0

1 minute is fine.

Never once in my life have I ever thought, the break between rounds should be longer.

2 min!!! How can ppl say 1 min is ok when they used to bitch about sloppy ass fighters gassing out. This ain't training! Tire yourself out so u can practice the technique?? Wouldn't u rather have well rested fighters coming back more fresh to bang it out for a better fight?

I 100% agree wit OP. I think PRIDE used to do 2min. (Their 1st rnd was 10min tho) well rested fighter = better performance. MMA should have more pull now within the AC, they should push for better rules all around. Fuk this following the boxing shit Phone Post 3.0

MMA MELEE - 
Chromium - I don't think this will ever happen, breaks up the pace of the fight too much. It also can add up to 12 minutes to a PPV.

Where would you come up to adding 12 minutes to a PPV?

3 round fights = 2 round breaks. 5 round fights = 4 round breaks

4 x 3-round fights + 1 x 5-round fight = 8 + 4 = 12 extra minutes.

UGCTT_Messiah - 
cwb100 - There would be less finishes. When fighters get exhausted they get knocked out or sub'd Phone Post 3.0
Possibly, but there could also be more competitive fights, and less gassed out wrestlers having a shitty kickboxing match.

this is absolutely correct. With two minutes you would have more competitive, exciting fights. You see this play out in fights all the time. The rested fighter will try to implement his game plan at the beginning of the round wen he is freshest. Not so much at the end of the round where things tend to devolve for better or worse.

UGCTT_Messiah - 

Edgar v Faber is proof that nobody gives a darn about competitive fights.

10 minute rounds is what should happen Phone Post 3.0

ShootProod - Bring back the 10 minute first round.
This! Let them bang! Phone Post 3.0

Boxing has 3 minute rounds and 1 minute breaks.

MMA has 5 minute rounds but somehow MMA inherited boxing's scoring and rest period. wtf.

In boxing, rests are 1/3 the round length.

In MMA, rests are 1/5 the round length.

If MMA rest periods were also 1/3 the round length, they would be 90 seconds.

Bucephalus - Boxing has 3 minute rounds and 1 minute breaks.

MMA has 5 minute rounds but somehow MMA inherited boxing's scoring and rest period. wtf.

In boxing, rests are 1/3 the round length.

In MMA, rests are 1/5 the round length.

If MMA rest periods were also 1/3 the round length, they would be 90 seconds.
This makes most sense. Phone Post 3.0

ShootProod - Bring back the 10 minute first round.