When you no longer feel sorry for people who OD.

When is this point? I maybe be reaching it but, I'm struggling.

A friend who I known for decades has died over ODing(is that even a word?) On heroin. He is not the first and sadly heost likely will not be the last.

People make fun of us millenials and we deserve it for the most part but a thing most people ignore is that many of us are dying off from ODING on something.

Many people think that "it's our body, we should do what we want." And this has lead to alot of freedoms that previous generation have not been blessed to receive. But it has lead to alot of draw backs aswell.

We have been free to pick our own drugs of habit and it has lead to alot of deaths.

I'm not sure what to think any more. Just yesterday day my friend Thomas made a post on FB saying "I'm getting tired of hearing about friends ODing" and I was thinking about saying something OG like in "yeah well its Darwinism at its work. If they are willing to shoot up and risk death then mankind is best off without them". But I didn't have time to post it.

Then I found out the person Thomas was talking about was a friend in Jeff who died the same day.

At first it didn't hit me bad. I stood tough but tonight out at the bars there was a bunch of us from the same gen in highschool and guys who played football togetthere.

They played a remembrance of Jeff. It hit me hard, just as much as anyone.

I know I wanted to say something like "if he's willing to shoot up and die, then we are better oFF without him" but I'm glad I didnt now that I know I knew him.

I don't know if I'm making any sense but whatever.

When do you get over that friends make stupid choices?

Wfa

Please move OG.

I no longer feel sorry for people who WFA

Just post your gofundme already. Skip the theatrics.

Nogofund me here dude.

"When do you get over that friends make stupid choices?"

You don't.

All my friends from growing up are gone. Most from bad choices, one by a freak accident. You seriously lose a piece of yourself. It's also uncomfortable when I see their parents. You feel guilty that you're still alive in a way. 

This heroin epidemic is nasty. Another friend I kept in contact with from a previous job just lost his son the other day. Had a kid on the way too.

OCMikey - Just post your gofundme already. Skip the theatrics.
That's obviously not what he was doing..

OP is suffering from Post Traumatic Teen Angst.

Everyone makes stupid choices and some have more dire consequences than others. Does that mean we should lack any compassion if they die? No one wants to be an addict. It happens. There is pain, depression, maybe other shit and that is the way they cope. Then it turns into the dragon. Everyone makes bad choices, some worse than others, but none of us should be righteous about it. No one knows what our own next bad decision will be and what it will cost. Virtually ever person that becomes addicted said they never thought they would. It has nothing to do with willpower. It's biology and it takes time to change. For many a few rehabs. They are not weak, it is that strong. No one knows what happens in someone else's life that contributed to making their choices. Not picking on you OP. Just in general. People need to have some compassion.

I OD'ed on fentanyl while thinking im doing cocaine, I stopped breathing on my own for two hours as well as my heart completely stopping. I've thought about doing an AMA. What this guy is saying is fact. I'm from Ontario, Canada.

just remember it is never the addict's fault

it is always the fault of big pharma and doctors

Fahqhard - My best friend just died.. the problem is people are cutting herione with feytenal

or the problem is just doing the heroine in the first place

rekt - 

just remember it is never the addict's fault

it is always the fault of big pharma and doctors

fucking truth

I do suffer with mental health issues myself and understand that somebody could take a drug to "feel better" I don't fully understand it as my first wish is to feel better knowing that wouldn't help.

Saying that though I used to be into the UK race scene. I've seen a fair few ODs and 2, people jumping from a little too high to survive as a human. It's fucked up but each to their own.... If I'm honest, a lot of these people are likely better off dead than the daily torment they must feel

Or rave, not race!

Aussie Shaun - 
ProfessorXavier - I OD'ed on fentanyl while thinking im doing cocaine, I stopped breathing on my own for two hours as well as my heart completely stopping. I've thought about doing an AMA. What this guy is saying is fact. I'm from Ontario, Canada.

any life after death stories to share?

not at all.

it was just blackness and not existing

the bible lied to you lol and i came from an extremely christian household

Recovered alcoholic / addict here. PM me if you want to talk, I can phone.

Fujkm - Everyone makes stupid choices and some have more dire consequences than others. Does that mean we should lack any compassion if they die? No one wants to be an addict. It happens. There is pain, depression, maybe other shit and that is the way they cope. Then it turns into the dragon. Everyone makes bad choices, some worse than others, but none of us should be righteous about it. No one knows what our own next bad decision will be and what it will cost. Virtually ever person that becomes addicted said they never thought they would. It has nothing to do with willpower. It's biology and it takes time to change. For many a few rehabs. They are not weak, it is that strong. No one knows what happens in someone else's life that contributed to making their choices. Not picking on you OP. Just in general. People need to have some compassion.
You either have a family member that's an addict or are a recovering one yourself. Excellent post, VU.

Ramon Maroni -
Fahqhard - My best friend just died.. the problem is people are cutting herione with feytenal

or the problem is just doing the heroine in the first place
No one wakes up one day and decides that they're going to shoot dope. It's usually a slow progression over many years to get there.