Where are Hughes and Franklin?

Just curious if I missed something, but with all the recent injuries to UFC headliners. I can sort of understand Franklin taking some time off after getting Ko'd, but I still think 3-5 months would be enough time to recover. Why haven't either of these guys been lined up with a new opponent yet because as far as I know both just signed new contracts, and neither are injured. So what gives?

They are at the museum of intelligent design.

franklin has fought 3 times already this year, let the man take a break. he'll probably be back early next year (maybe against ortiz).

hughes wants to fight big names he said so he's probably going to just wait until the UFC find's him a good oppenent.

nobones - 
BJJkilla - franklin has fought 3 times already this year, let the man take a break. he'll probably be back early next year (maybe against ortiz).

hughes wants to fight big names he said so he's probably going to just wait until the UFC find's him a good oppenent.

Apparently, Koscheck and Swick aren't 'big enough names' for him. Hughes has repeatedly said he doesn't want to spend the last days of his career being a highlight reel for someone else. I have no idea what 'big names' are out there at 170 lbs. for him to face that he could actually beat...rematch with Serra?

idk it's hughes, he probably knows any of the AKA guys would destroy him quickly. hughes is probably banking on trigg beating serra so they can have a 3rd fight and hughes can retire choking out frank one more time.

lol

BJJkilla - 
nobones - 
BJJkilla - franklin has fought 3 times already this year, let the man take a break. he'll probably be back early next year (maybe against ortiz).

Apparently, Koscheck and Swick aren't 'big enough names' for him. Hughes has repeatedly said he doesn't want to spend the last days of his career being a highlight reel for someone else. I have no idea what 'big names' are out there at 170 lbs. for him to face that he could actually beat...rematch with Serra?

idk it's hughes, he probably knows any of the AKA guys would destroy him quickly. hughes is probably banking on trigg beating serra so they can have a 3rd fight and hughes can retire choking out frank one more time.

Hughes would rape Swick.  Koscheck & Fitch?  Not so much.

Hughes is still good enough to knock off 90% of the guys in the WW division.  Losing to GSP and Alves (on short notice) does not mean he is completely washed up.  He'll struggle with superior wrestlers and strikers with excellent takedown defense, but he can beat anybody else on any given night.

If Hughes feels Swick, Kos, and Fitch aren't big enough names for him then he needs to retire. No one wants to see him get mauled again by Alves.

Ryase - I don't see Hughes wrecking anyone anymore.

Franklin is capable of a decision victory over almost anyone at LHW.

Nope, can't hang with the big boys!

explodin - 
knuckleballs - They are at the museum of intelligent design.

Penn. GSP. Anderson Silva. Machida/Shogun. Lesnar. All people who believe in God. I do appreciate what you are try to imply.

He is implying they are bat shit crazy Creationists.

explodin - 
knuckleballs - They are at the museum of intelligent design.

Penn. GSP. Anderson Silva. Machida/Shogun. Lesnar. All people who believe in God. I do appreciate what you are try to imply.

LOL I would have left Lesnar off that list

Peckerwood - If Hughes feels Swick, Kos, and Fitch aren't big enough names for him then he needs to retire. No one wants to see him get mauled again by Alves.

Speak for yourself. I'm all for seeing Hughes get mauled by anyone.

I don't know about Hughes, but Franklin is kicking shit around his house and wondering what he has to do to get an easy fight.

samoflange - Hughes is fighting renzo gracie

Is that a fact or a rumor?