Mission today is to find chloroquine, supposed to be able to buy over the counter.
Edited to add dosing instructions, credit to Strangleu
- Hydroxychloroquine (Monograph from MedScape)
- Chloroquine (Monograph from MedScape)
- Generally considered a second-line agent, due to increased toxicity compared to hydroxychloroquine.
- 500 mg chloroquine phosphate contains 300 mg of chlorquine itself (a.k.a. chloroquine base).
- 500 mg chloroquine phosphate PO twice daily for 10 days is the regimen recommended by a group in China for patients without contraindications (Zhi 2020).
- May require dose adjustment in renal or hepatic dysfunction