Where does Franklin go from here?

I would hate to be the next guy Franklin fights.

Someone is getting a bad whippin'

Name a fighter that hasn't had a totally crushing loss in their career....

And they are always better for it (Silva, Couture, Coleman)

yes mma, especially the ufc, has to learn to deal with this. You cant just dump an MMA fighter because he lost a fight in a third promotion. They're trying to make the UFC full of only undefeated fighters so every fight will be HUGE. It doesnt do good as a whole for overall MMA fighters. not fair or rational.

There's gotta be a different with Franklin losing in an A level supershow to Hallman and Spratt losing in B shows...

Max

"Franklin has really never been a great fighter. I feel it was a lucky win over Tanner. He wouldnt come close to Lidell, Ortiz, Belfort, Couture. I am surprised that he isnt still at B levels."

Huh? The only remotely impressive win Belfort has had in the past five YEARS is his quick win over Eastman which had everyone exclaiming "Vitor is back!"

Franklin subbed Eastman very nearly as quickly as Vitor TKO'd him.

He's a good fighter. So he lost. I imagine "where he goes from here" is he trains more and gets back to winning. I know it's hard to believe he's not finished with his 12-1 record.

no there isnt... the ufc considers a loss a loss... whats funny is the only people that know about Franklins loss are people who are on the UG and people who deeply follow the sport. UFC thinks everyone who orders their ppv is on the net with the latest MMA info daily. Thats just the dorks on here

I don't think folks are giving Lyoto credit for how good he really is.

Rich lost one stinking fight, big deal he will have a great career.

PhilHurin - Umm..what?

Franklin is though as hell, but to be honest he really hadn't been tested in any fight.

Franklin has good standup, and he has mostly been fighting guys who couldn't stand with him, and couldn't even take him down to get away (Ie Tanner and Deweese)

Franklin is tough, but I always thought the UFC was alittle early for him.

Guys like Couture, Tito, Liddell, Belfort, Babalu would all pretty much have their way with Franklin (imho)

Even some of the "non" top 10's would beat him Minotouro, Randleman, Griffin, Ryan Gracie, Overeem, and Ninja imho would all beat Franklin.

Franklin need to take some time off and train hard and maybe sign with KOTC/UCC or fight in a few of the "one hit wonder" shows around the world that happen from time to time.

He'll be back.

Sorry to burst your bubble... Bom-Ba-Ye loved Franklin and has offered a 3-fight deal. That's where we're headed.... next fight in March.

Anytime you go out slugging, you can get slugged back. Rich got caught and was TKO'd... not his best effort, but the promotion loved his aggressive style.

glad to hear Rich is getting the shot.

This place never ceases to amaze me...

I think Franklin vs Matyushenko would be a good fight!

He has lost one fight, so he should probably just retire....(note sarcasm)

Franklin is an A level fighter. Sucks that he lost but he is someone that will be back winning again soon.

"This place never ceases to amaze me... "

Agreed JHR.

he won't be in the UFC for awhile. let him try and reestablish himself somewhere else for now. K-1 just signed a contract with him anyways, right?

I'm pretty sure Rich signed a 3 fight deal with K-1. He'll rebound from this loss and be better than ever.

it shouldnt mean Jack Shit

if it does its just like those stupid fucks @ the UFC to throw away another exciting fighter