Where does Kobe rank as ATG in Bball and Sports?

Where would you rank Kobe in basketball all time rankings and in overall American sports?

Top 3 laker of all time 

Top 10 in basketball, top 100 of all time sports. His relentless work ethic and how hard he worked and prepared and his laser focus is something that could be taught to young people from all walks of life and they will be successful. Even though he was super naturally talented he still went in there and said I'll outwork everyone and that was the big rub, he outworked guys that he was already more gifted than 

Right outside top 10 nba according to most experts before he died. 

Inside top 10 after he died.

1 Like

After MJ, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Olajuwon, Shaq, Duncan, LeBron, Wilt, and probably Moses Malone. So, I'd probably put him at 11.

I'd say as a Laker, top 5. Kareem, Shaq, and West would beat him in my mind.

Top 10 basketball.

Top 50, maybe even lower overall. As far as athleticism, it's hard to beat basketball in terms of speed, cardio endurance, and agility.

2 Likes

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic

4. Duncan

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. kobe 

8th 

ReffsRammedMeInMyAnus -
dangerboy12 -

Right outside top 10 nba according to most experts before he died. 

Inside top 10 after he died.

Lol wut

Yeah. If you count old timers like Russell, Wilt, and Kareem he should fall out of the top 10.

People are dropping Russell out of their top 10 here lateley.

As I said, most NBA experts had him out of the top 10 last week. Do a poll today and i bet he falls inside the top 10.

1 Like
Canooke -

After MJ, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Olajuwon, Shaq, Duncan, LeBron, Wilt, and probably Moses Malone. So, I'd probably put him at 11.

I'd put him ahead of shaq based on those last two titles he won without him 

and if shaq would have deferred to him in 2004, they never lose to the pistons 

WikiTheWalrus -

I'd say as a Laker, top 5. Kareem, Shaq, and West would beat him in my mind.

Top 10 basketball.

Top 50, maybe even lower overall. As far as athleticism, it's hard to beat basketball in terms of speed, cardio endurance, and agility.

"I'd say as a Laker" puts shaq over him.... at least we know to not take thus serious

GSpenn fan -

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic

4. Duncan

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. kobe 

8th 

The Duncan revisionism is ridiculous. 

Grew up watching him and kobe. Can count on one hand the seasons where he was better than kobe. And they were not prime for either guy.

CobraKaiRep -
GSpenn fan -

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic

4. Duncan

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. kobe 

8th 

Grew up watching him and kobe. Can count on one hand the seasons where he was better than kobe. And they were not prime for either guy.

The opposite is true.

1 Like
dangerboy12 -
CobraKaiRep -
GSpenn fan -

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic

4. Duncan

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. kobe 

8th 

The opposite is true.

Unless you had eyes. And watched them.

Spurs are considered boring for a reason.

CobraKaiRep -
dangerboy12 -
CobraKaiRep -
GSpenn fan -

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic

4. Duncan

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. kobe 

8th 

The opposite is true.

Or maybe I actually understood what I was watching.

2 Likes
dangerboy12 - 
CobraKaiRep -
GSpenn fan -

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic

4. Duncan

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. kobe 

8th 

The opposite is true.

Yep. By the time Kobe was even in the same stratosphere as Timmay, TD was voluntarily turning the keys of the offense over to Tony Parker to help change pace to a more current guard heavy league. Duncan could have continued to be the focal point and put up big numbers for a lot longer than he did, but instead he did what was best for the team and focus on defense…Duncan has just as many champions and more MVPs…the best ever at his position. Came into the league as a top 5 player while Kobe was on the bench.

dangerboy12 -
CobraKaiRep -
dangerboy12 -
CobraKaiRep -
GSpenn fan -

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic

4. Duncan

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. kobe 

8th 

The opposite is true.

Or maybe I actually understood what I was watching.

You only understood what everyone told you after Duncan retired. It ain't even your opinion. 

pharochuck - 
Canooke -

I'd put him ahead of shaq based on those last two titles he won without him 

and if shaq would have deferred to him in 2004, they never lose to the pistons 

2004 NBA Finals vs Pistons

Shaq: 26.6 ppg, 53/84 fg’s (63.1%)

Kobe: 22.6 ppg, 43/113 fg’s (38.1%) (3point% - 17.4%)

And I agree Tim Duncan was far less entertaining than Kobe. Kobe was way more of a spectacle...a better basketball player? No, not quite.

GSpenn fan -

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic

4. Duncan

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. kobe 

8th 

Duncan at number 4? A winner and a great player but not top 10 talent 

GSpenn fan -
dangerboy12 - 
CobraKaiRep -
GSpenn fan -

1. Jordan

2. Kareem

3. Magic

4. Duncan

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. kobe 

8th 

The opposite is true.

Yep. By the time Kobe was even in the same stratosphere as Timmay, TD was voluntarily turning the keys of the offense over to Tony Parker to help change pace to a more current guard heavy league. Duncan could have continued to be the focal point and put up big numbers for a lot longer than he did, but instead he did what was best for the team and focus on defense…Duncan has just as many champions and more MVPs…the best ever at his position. Came into the league as a top 5 player while Kobe was on the bench.

"TD was voluntarily turning the keys of the offense over to Tony Parker "

Logic. He’s better cause he did less.

"Duncan could have continued to be the focal point and put up big numbers for a lot longer than he did, but instead"

You can’t do that in sports. Thats the weakest move ever. He COULD’VE. don’t count for shit. You either do or do not. And he did not.