Where does Nog go now?

So what if Nog has (almost) beaten everyone in Pride ? Why should he go elsewhere ? The majority of the best HWs are in Pride. He is making lots of money. Why go elsewhere ?

What made K-1 so great in the mid to late 90s was the same guys battling against each other, and always something different occurring.

I like Nog but if he were to go to the UFC, which I don't see happening, he would most likely get pinned up against the cage and get gnp'd.

Nog could beat Fedor with the right game plan, and he just seemed off in that last fight. All this drama coming out of BTT would certainly explain his performance.

I think Mino is going to beat Crocop 9/10 times, so that doesn't leave a lot of dangerous competition for him. he'll catch Hunt, though Hunt will definitely test his chin, and I dont' know how good Hunt's sprawl and scrambles will hold Nog off. Those are about the only two threats to him at this time other than Fedor.

I think he'd catch Silvia. Mir would go to sleep. Arlovski would be dangerous, but I don't think he'd do any better than Cro Cop.

Nog could beat Fedor with the right game plan, and he just seemed off in that last fight.

You're one of the few who believes that. The first and the last fight were complete ass kickings, and the second was heading in that direction.

Heath has beaten Tom Erikson.

I don't give a fuck what people say, VERY FEW people are ever going to beat the Big Cat.

NORESPECT - I know who he's beaten. He's a stud. No doubt. I'm just trying to make a point that he's not this all mighty God that would storm through all the UFC heavyweights.

And yes, Heath was his biggest competitor that he beat besides CroCop.

You think Enson, Schilt, Goodridge, etc are better. Those guys have been beaten a lot in their careers.

Mino is undoubtedly the #2 HW in the world but I think we're all underating the talent in the UFC HW class.

Im not sure what the status of Rizzo and Ricco are but they were all UFC fighters previously and so was Barnett. Those 3 added with Mir, Arlovski and Sylvia make up the rest of the best HWs in the world.

You could argue the top 3 HWs are in Pride but after that, thats about it save for Kharitonov who is the only other legit top 10 argument I think. Well, I guess there's Schilt aswell but the only fighters that stand head and shoulders over the bunch are Fedor and Mino. I think CC vs. the bunch of the UFC HWs is a toss up.

Randleman and Coleman's future def. does not look promising (unfortunately)....

Herring going to K-1 had to be the money. Im sure Herring still wants the be best he can be but its really doubtful that he avenge any of his losses to the top trio in Pride. Good for him, I still think there's some good room for improvement for Heath but in all likeliness I dont see him beating those 3. The question for him in K-1 is who are they gonna match him with? I guess each of his fights will have to be a one-off of whoever K-1 can sign for each show?

But back to Nog: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO WANTS TO SEE HIM REMATCH RICCO? Though its not like Ricco has been ripping it up lately. How about Barnett vs. Nog? It would have been ideal to see Josh and CC fight again (for real) first but considering the amount of time hes gonna be out, CC vs. Fedor is the only real matchup to be made that makes sense.

Shotcaller: Get a clue dude!

Mino wins: Googdridge, Sapp, Hendo, CroCop, Semmy, Herring (twice), Valentijn Overeem (twice), Jeremy Horn, Mark Coleman, Enson Inoue, Ricco Rodriguez, Sergei Kharitonov.

Not a single person in MMA, other then Saku, has that many top-comp wins on their record.

The diff. I think between a Nog vs. Barnett and Ricco matchup is that Ricco may have a better subgrappling game but Josh has the better striking and GNP (ie. he is meaner).

That could either lead to an over aggressive Josh getting caught or taking it to Nog more.

Either way, Josh will bring it against anyone, he has so far...

"I don't give a fuck what people say, VERY FEW people are ever going to beat the Big Cat."

I dont think anyone will argue with you. A guy who doesnt fight will be beat by "VERY FEW people" or maybe none at all.

Well, it's not for want of trying there covh... One of MMA's best wrestlers going to K-1 to market himself has got to say something for what he was willing to do.