Where does O'Malley rank among ufc strikers?

Sterling is gonna take him down and submit him no problem

1 Like

He was under the impression that native country law carries over. True Story.

1 Like

I think Sean’s tdd is too good and he’s almost a black belt by now too. Plus Aljo will be giving up a huge size and reach advantage. He’s also been slept before.

What’s O’Malley’s reach? I thought Aljamain had pretty long arms. I’ll be surprised if sean can keep sterling off of him, but I suppose we’ll see

Sean fought quite a few people who were happy to plod along after him in a straight line.

top 25 is about all i can say

1 Like

In his division

That’s a good list, although Conor wouldn’t make my current list of best strikers.

Omalleys movement will be the key. He will stay off the cage and take pot shots. Aljamains double leg is not good and he telegraphs it. Only way he gets takedowns is by using the cage like most mma grapplers these days.

Much like when Volk fought Islam people gave volk no chance to stop the takedowns but didnt take into account the fact that in modern mma footwork is one of the best defences against wrestlers. Leon showed that aginst Usman in their 3rd fight also. Those guys did eventually get taken down but I see O’malley finishing Aljo before he gets tired and his feet slow down enough to get trapped against the cage.

2 Likes

If he’s 10 then petr must be 11 or lower

1 Like

That stat is all thanks to the ghost of BJ Penn

1 Like

He fought bj Penn in 2011 that stat is from
2021 dude

1 Like

I might have to rewatch Lawler/Diaz 2

But it makes me sad

1 Like

Don’t

1 Like

Not sure where exactly he ranks, would require some research to make that determination. I think he’s got well above average striking, upper level for MMA but not among the absolute best for sure. He has a lot of natural talent, I think he’d be better off with a different MMA coach and team, personally.

Remember when he couldn’t finish this human punch bag (he was 9-4)

3 Likes

Damn he responds fast after blocking.

1 Like

Best boxer in the ufc by far