Where is Nelsons world-class BJJ?

BB from Renzo is no joke but why on gods greens earth does he not use it in MMA? Honestly, I think he is too fat to work his bottom game. Phone Post 3.0

even if he did, he's fighting Cormier you shit head

He should have jumped guard. In all seriousness though Cormier is a top of the food chain wrestler, kind of hard to get in a position to BJJ even if it is top notch. Phone Post 3.0

Roy Nelson looks like he's eaten too many big country boy breakfasts to do a lot of jiu jitsu moves.

On the mat in a BJJ match.

Could it be that world-class rustling is effective at neutralising world-class BJJ? Phone Post 3.0

he's too fat to do anything but plod around and try and land a right haymaker

Yep when he out grappled MIR he was medium country, he is just to big to be nimble on the ground.

Watch Mir vs Nelson in Grapplers Quest and tell me that's not a different guy. Phone Post 3.0

the problem with "world class" BJJ is if you don't have wrestling/takedowns, its worthless

The only way we're going to see Roy go to the ground is if his opponent drops a cheeseburger.

WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U -

The only way we're going to see Roy go to the ground is if his opponent drops a cheeseburger.

Legit lol at that one Phone Post 3.0

WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U - 

LMFAO

I'm guessing the strength of his BJJ is the top game. I can't see him moving too well from the bottom. He wasn't taking Cormier down and as we saw, Nelson wasn't a threat off of his back when it did go there last night.

WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U - 

word

Cat needs to run Phone Post 3.0

austinjames - 
Lorenthz - BB from Renzo is no joke but why on gods greens earth does he not use it in MMA? Honestly, I think he is too fat to work his bottom game. Phone Post 3.0

You didn't see it? Is transitions were sick and dat butterfly guard. You have No idea how amazing it was that he got up after Daniel cormier was on top of him. Phone Post

This! people just want to bash people however people in the know saw that transition and the scary butterfly guard. Comier jumped up when he realized Roys BJJ is no joke

rockyrocks90 -
austinjames - 
Lorenthz - BB from Renzo is no joke but why on gods greens earth does he not use it in MMA? Honestly, I think he is too fat to work his bottom game. Phone Post 3.0

You didn't see it? Is transitions were sick and dat butterfly guard. You have No idea how amazing it was that he got up after Daniel cormier was on top of him. Phone Post

This! people just want to bash people however people in the know saw that transition and the scary butterfly guard. Comier jumped up when he realized Roys BJJ is no joke

This.

The fact that Roy got back up kind of blew me away. Phone Post

Silhouette - the problem with "world class" BJJ is if you don't have wrestling/takedowns, its worthless

yeah, BJJ is worthless without wrestlng

Just don't watch BENSON VS PETTIS 2

Great Wrestling = controlling your opponents position.
Great BJJ is only going to work with a guy of Nelsons stature if he is nimble enough to pull off something in a pinch. DC is world class and Nelson can't even get through the 1st round without breathing through his mouth, no cardiovascular conditioning. Nelsons iron chin has gotten him nowhere except being classified as a human punching bag for those who wish to pass the threshold to a title shot. Period. Phone Post