Where is Nelsons world-class BJJ?

Cormier is an Olympic wrestler and bjj brown belt. Probably not the best guy to have on top of you.

Also not many hws have an active guard. Werdum and Mir come to mind though... Phone Post

Poet of Gore - 
Silhouette - the problem with "world class" BJJ is if you don't have wrestling/takedowns, its worthless

yeah, BJJ is worthless without wrestlng

Just don't watch BENSON VS PETTIS 2

yeah, completely different situation

Im talking about roy nelson as this thread is about why we don't see his BJJ

not to mention the many other black belts who cant take people down and instead choose to stand and wang

LibraryCard - 

World-Class bjj doesn't work to well with experienced wrestlers. Phone Post

Yeah with Olympic wrestlers who have brown belts in BJJ.

He fell in love with his right hand and uses that instead Phone Post 3.0

I said it long ago. Dude, fell in love with his one punch power and became a head hunter. It works against the lower level fighters but against any fighter with good striking and defense its going to cost him.

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - 
rockyrocks90 -
austinjames - 
Lorenthz - BB from Renzo is no joke but why on gods greens earth does he not use it in MMA? Honestly, I think he is too fat to work his bottom game. Phone Post 3.0

You didn't see it? Is transitions were sick and dat butterfly guard. You have No idea how amazing it was that he got up after Daniel cormier was on top of him. Phone Post

This! people just want to bash people however people in the know saw that transition and the scary butterfly guard. Comier jumped up when he realized Roys BJJ is no joke

This.

The fact that Roy got back up kind of blew me away. Phone Post

Yup. First time I have ever seen him on his back and he did better than I anticipated. His butterfly guard looked good!

DC was chaining together some sick wrestling. His skill is obviously world class but says a lot about Roy's skill to get back up. Phone Post 3.0

Nelson got up several times from an Olympic wrestler. He did a great job imo Phone Post 3.0

Smith1234 - He was going to sub Arlovski from top position when one of the worst stand ups in modern MMA happened.

Then he got KOed by Arlovski.

Everything changed a lot since then. Phone Post 3.0

Arlovski was free and clear of that kimura attempt well before the stand up. Roy was not close to subbing him when the ref stepped in.

da Vinci 81 -
Smith1234 - He was going to sub Arlovski from top position when one of the worst stand ups in modern MMA happened.

Then he got KOed by Arlovski.

Everything changed a lot since then. Phone Post 3.0

Arlovski was free and clear of that kimura attempt well before the stand up. Roy was not close to subbing him when the ref stepped in.
Regardless of the sub, terrible stand up. Phone Post 3.0

umm maybe cuz he had an olympic wrestler hanging on to him?

I am not doubting his skills, merely his game plan. He could have used his JJ in his other fights aswell. Phone Post 3.0

DC couldn't hold Roy down and didn't have an easy time taking him down either. Roy, a BJJ blackbelt, was able to get out from under and stuff an Olympic wrestlers takedowns. Does that mean wrestling isn't effective?

I heard he ate part of it and the other parr got lost in his beard. Phone Post

Roy Nelson is better than he gets credit for.

He took everything JDS threw.

He lasted with Cormier and was able to get up.

JDS is the 2nd best heavyweight.

Cormier is the 2nd best light heavyweight and possibly the guy to beat Cain and become number 1 if he stays at heavy.

Dana doesn't like him and all this talk of "Oh if Roy would lose weight".

Fuck that.

Roy has lost to the ELITE.

Losing weight wouldn't suddenly make him win these bouts.

Collectively it's less about what Roy could not do and more about what amazing elite guys like JDS and Cormier can do.

Roy is damned good.

It's just that damned good doesn't beat the very best. Phone Post

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 

Roy Nelson is better than he gets credit for.

He took everything JDS threw.

He lasted with Cormier and was able to get up.

JDS is the 2nd best heavyweight.

Cormier is the 2nd best light heavyweight and possibly the guy to beat Cain and become number 1 if he stays at heavy.

Dana doesn't like him and all this talk of "Oh if Roy would lose weight".

Fuck that.

Roy has lost to the ELITE.

Losing weight wouldn't suddenly make him win these bouts.

Collectively it's less about what Roy could not do and more about what amazing elite guys like JDS and Cormier can do.

Roy is damned good.

It's just that damned good doesn't beat the very best. Phone Post

I wouldnt classify Stipe as elite. but i mostly agree hes good enough to beat 90% of the heavys in the world

THE CACTUS KID - On the mat in a BJJ match.
Absolutely positively 100% correct. Though I guess OP's point is, why do we never see any submission attempts ever? He's fallen in love with right hand and he's an easily solved one-trick-pony. Phone Post 3.0