Where is Paul Vunak?

Where is Paul Vunak ?????- i know he is one of the best JKD teachers and love the trappling techniques and the straight blast, he was one of the first in practice BJJ with the Gracie Brothers.

??????????? Somebody konws

www.fighting.net

Paul is finishing up a three CD set that he and Tom Cruse put together.
As Twinkletoes posted, Paul can be reached at:

www.fighting.net

G Man

ttt

Sorry Paul, lost you on the "Knows your right".

The Billy Joel part seems quite prophetic....or would it be just plain obvious.

Terry 'The G Man' Grant

That sounds great. Ryan's a good man and trains hard.
I've got Cruse coming to my place in a month. Looking forward to that.

Terry

That sounds great. Ryan's a good man and trains hard.
I've got Cruse coming to my place in a month. Looking forward to that.

Terry

Where is Paul Vunak?

He's at home, washing his tights!

no wait, thats the answer to wheres the Batman?

hmm, oh well, never mind.

Both the Ryans (Clark and Kelly) are really straight up cat's.

Terry, I swear we need a reunion with you, Ryan K, Ryan C, and Harold and myself. Please let me know the next time you are in Oregon.

Gibson

Yeah, Harold came through town last year to compete with Megaton's crew in Brazil. We just got to talk on the phone for awhile, but that was still cool.

Gibson, a reunion would be cool. I just couldn't say when I'd be up in that area, but if I was I'd be sure to let you know. I'd really like to hit the SBG for one of their camps.

G Man Grant

Richard Bustillo was training with the Gracies before Paul Vunak was. He was training with the Gracies at Rorion's garage. Some of the early fight footage between the Gracies in their In-Action video was filmed at the old IMB Academy.

Wow. That was random.

matbjj,

The point is not who 'did it first' but what they did with what the got. Bustillo is a good man, and he was doing Shooto when the Gracies came along, so it was easy for him to recognize quality when he saw it.

What Vunak did was present Gracie BJJ at every opportunity, be it seminars, private lessons, in the martial arts magazines, or on tape. He continues to do so today, 15 years later.

In 1991 Vunak went to Eugene, OR to do a seminar where he first introduced Gracie Jiu-Jitsu to a bunch of us. Some had the eyes to see what it was and it blew us away. Ask Matt Thornton about that seminar. To say it was a pivotal moment in time would be an understatement. Personally I will be forever in Vu's debt for opening that door.

SEMINAR UPDATE: Vunak and Cruse will be in San Jose this weekend at a local JKD school for a two day seminar. At this time I don't have the school's name but if you're in the area you could find out ( and let us know).

Terry 'The G Man' Grant

From what I hear, Paul is alive and well and training better than ever. I talked a couple of times to Bruce Corrigan - the vice president of PFS, and he has some pretty big things on deck. It seems that he has sat in the background for a long time, and now Paul has asked him to rejuvinate PFS. Bruce has a pretty impressive background and has a website at www.pmaknoxville.com.

The DVDs mentioned above are not new material, but a compilation of stuff from the past - but organized in a sequence. I have been told that a new set of DVDs with new material is in the works.

I also hear that the annual summit will be on the east coast this year.