Where is your threshold to fight back?

Thinking about all the rioting and looting going on lately and wondering what everyone’s threshold is. 

Let’s say you are in your house with your family and you have guns in the house. A group of rioters and protestors surround your house at about 3am and start shining flashlights in the windows and screaming shit. 

You’ve called the cops and it’s obvious they are not coming, so you’re on your own. What’s your next move? Also, what’s the one thing that crosses the line for you where you start firing? Someone breaking one of your windows? Someone throwing something at your house? Someone in the crowd brandishing a gun and pointing it at your house?

At what point do you say “Fuck this” and start pulling the trigger?

5 Likes

At the point where I have a reasonble fear of death or serious bodily harm. If that is the case, I will shoot to kill.

10 Likes
saglv - 

At the point where I have a reasonble fear of death or serious bodily harm. If that is the case, I will shoot to kill.

Are you over the age of 18?

3 Likes
Nitecrawler -

Thinking about all the rioting and looting going on lately and wondering what everyone’s threshold is. 

Let’s say you are in your house with your family and you have guns in the house. A group of rioters and protestors surround your house at about 3am and start shining flashlights in the windows and screaming shit. 

You’ve called the cops and it’s obvious they are not coming, so you’re on your own. What’s your next move? Also, what’s the one thing that crosses the line for you where you start firing? Someone breaking one of your windows? Someone throwing something at your house? Someone in the crowd brandishing a gun and pointing it at your house?

At what point do you say “Fuck this” and start pulling the trigger?

Those would at least make me fire a shot to see if I could make them scatter. 

Trying to break in, start a fire, or actually firing at my house...well then I'm playing whackamole, only with bullets.

Usually when someone ignores the "No Soliciting" sign on the door and rings the bell anyways to try and sell me something, I will fire a warning shot through the door.

13 Likes

More seriously though, I would shoot if any of them tried to gain access into the home or tried to light it on fire.  I think the smartest course of action though would be to try and secure a safe escape for my family and I without any fighting.

In a scenario where the police and other authorities wouldn't protect us or even conduct any follow-up investigations and would refuse to press charges against any rioters and insurance wouldn't cover anything, so that you were truely on your own and this was widely understood, then I would start stacking bodies the moment they came on to my property.

If they come into my neighborhood, I'll be on the roof.  If they step off the sidewalk toward my house, I'm painting the neighborhood red.

4 Likes
johnsonbarr -
saglv - 

He’s been on this forum for 13 years…

Need a calculator? 

4 Likes
johnsonbarr -
saglv - 

No, he started posting here at age 4. So probably 17 I guess?

2 Likes

Living in rural PA, it'll be a combination of as soon as some one steps on my property and the moment I feel I would be able to properly articulate the fear of imminent harm, and more specifically death,to my family or myself that I felt. 

Id like to try and carve a couple of them up with a knife before pulling the gun out.  

but my answer is ASAP

I’d walk out there in my boxer shorts and flip flops and start busting heads like prime Steven Seagal.

2 Likes
Dashabox -

Usually when someone ignores the "No Soliciting" sign on the door and rings the bell anyways to try and sell me something, I will fire a warning shot through the door.

Legit LOL. 

“Sir, do you have a moment to speak about…”

Gets through and through in leg

1 Like

As soon as they make me feel like my life or home is in danger.

Mine would be a whole bunch of them yelling at me and approaching where I’m at and I have no choice to get out of there.

I would shoot at the first sign of purple hair.

4 Likes
PatK - 

As soon as they make me feel like my life or home is in danger.

This.

Honestly it would likely be well before the angry mob surrounded the house. My home is fenced in with neighbors on the sides so as soon as they’re ON my property the intentions would be clear.

Home, family and or personal safety of wife or myself. You fuck with my family or homestead and you fucked up.

The line is crossed when I hear them in earshot distance from my house. And baby, I have great hearing.

Blurry vision diagnosis:?:)