Where is Zned?

Haven’t seen him post in weeks. Hope all is well and he didn’t implode in the Wall Street crash, or catch the ‘rona in the dense living environs he inhabits.

I made a similar thread about  week ago. He has been around

Everyone is always wondering where ol' ZNed is

3 Likes

He had to return some video tapes

I really got into pencils.

There is an entire community of people into pencils. There are even pencil "elitists".  For example, the Palomino Blackwing 602.... there are elitists who will be all uppity because they only use the original Backwing, before Palomino brought them back from the grave. So either you have the original or you are a philistine.

I am waiting for the market to close so I can grab two sampler packs from CW Pencil Enterprises in my mailbox.

Zned -

There is an entire community of people into pencils. There are even pencil "elitists".  For example, the Palomino Blackwing 602.... there are elitists who will be all uppity because they only use the original Backwing, before Palomino brought them back from the grave. So either you have the original or you are a philistine.

I am waiting for the market to close so I can grab two sampler packs from CW Pencil Enterprises in my mailbox.

Can you let us know if you find a OG-like Pencilground. They must be dying for a “mechanical pencils jumped the shark” thread. 

1 Like

Yossarian - 
Zned -

Can you let us know if you find a OG-like Pencilground. They must be dying for a “mechanical pencils jumped the shark” thread. 

I will.

There are a lot of IG pages.

One had a heated argument for charpening with an exacto knife instead of a sharpener. Pretty interesting.

Glad you are well Zned.

Fucking pencils...no one would have guessed that one.

Enjoy your new pencil hobby!

And yeah, screw those crude, ignorant, fools using Palomino built pencils. The hell are they thinking?

LMAO

I'm really into crayons, is there a crayon community I can find?

Ned, did you ever find an acceptable pen?

LiveWire - 

I have been loving my Baronfig pen.

It isn't the fanciest thing to look at, but the comfort is top notch. The weight is really well balanced.

I am writing in pen and pencil more than I am typing these days. The baronfig is so far the most comfortable writing instrument I have come across. This morning after a one hour straight writing block there was little to no fatigue. Plus it is only around $50.

Their pencils are nice as well, but I have been enjoying the Mitsubishi Hi Uni 3B pencil a lot. I have some other pencil samplers coming today to try others.

papa pump -

LMFO!

In all seriousness, I’m glad you’re okay.

Your job must be going haywire, my job deals with capital markets and it’s been a fucking madhouse with the spreads being where they are. 

Zned -
LiveWire - 

I have been loving my Baronfig pen.

It isn't the fanciest thing to look at, but the comfort is top notch. The weight is really well balanced.

I am writing in pen and pencil more than I am typing these days. The baronfig is so far the most comfortable writing instrument I have come across. This morning after a one hour straight writing block there was little to no fatigue. Plus it is only around $50.

Their pencils are nice as well, but I have been enjoying the Mitsubishi Hi Uni 3B pencil a lot. I have some other pencil samplers coming today to try others.

Where did you getter samplers? 

I only use pencil, unless I’m signing something, but I didn’t know about this whole subculture. 

Zned -

Would you like to make a pencil review thread? 

Zned -

I imagine a bunch of wall street guys gathering in circles during lunch and having pencil fights with thousand dollar artesian pencils.

1 Like

I use pencils all the time, Always use a utility knife to sharpen them, Sometimes you need a fine line and other times a fatter line is needed. 

Yossarian -
Zned -

Lol @ pencilground....

Legit lol, my friend...

Legit....