Where Should I Move To?

I'll spare you the dramatic details and keep it short.

I live near Portland, Oregon. I have a commitment keeping me here for two more months, and then I want to get out of here. Maybe just for a while, maybe forever. I need some time away from everything and everybody.

I'm fat and miserable. I have no worthwhile relationships. I've never had a job I didn't hate.

I just want to move halfway across the country, get a job, rent the cheapest apartment in town, join a gym(fitness, not MMA), and spend six months working on bettering myself. I need to get on track.

Looking for any recommendations. Locations, jobs, etc...

Running away from yourself never works.

Boston is a great city.

The weather sucks but other than that we got it all Phone Post

^You're on another thread complaining about being unable to find work; maybe consider not doling out advice on this one.

BarkLikeADog - Running away from yourself never works.

I appreciate your advice and I agree with it. I'm willing to take responsibility for most of my problems.

I'm not trying to run away from my problems. I'm trying to avoid obstacles on the road to fixing them.

Tijuana bro......You're welcome Phone Post 3.0

Japan... That is all Phone Post 3.0

What type of job are you looking for?

Checkout coolworks.com. You could work in a national park or somewhere cool and get in great shape while you're there.

Anywhere near a beach. The sun would be good for you. Phone Post

Mamma always said, "you have to change your Attitude, not your latitude..." Phone Post

Jacob Lamb - I'll spare you the dramatic details and keep it short.

I'm fat and miserable. I have no worthwhile relationships. I've never had a job I didn't hate.

Looking for any recommendations. Locations, jobs, etc...

Says the OG mod...lol

ABQ Jackson's?

Honolulu is a boom town right now. Billions and billions being poured into this city right now.

LittleJoeMama - What type of job are you looking for?

Checkout coolworks.com. You could work in a national park or somewhere cool and get in great shape while you're there.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Jo'donnell-Davies - Colorado Phone Post 3.0

Any specific area?

lets get dangerous - Arizona was a great move for me and my family. Just moved here last month. I lived in Beaverton before so I know you'd like it out here Phone Post 3.0

What area of Arizona? I wouldn't mind hot, but I don't want REALLY hot.

Helpful posts are Voted Up. Thanks.

Texas. Phone Post 3.0

Jacob Lamb -
lets get dangerous - Arizona was a great move for me and my family. Just moved here last month. I lived in Beaverton before so I know you'd like it out here Phone Post 3.0

What area of Arizona? I wouldn't mind hot, but I don't want REALLY hot.
Arizona is hotter than a motherfucker.

In yuma at least Phone Post 3.0

Ply - Anywhere near a beach. The sun would be good for you. Phone Post

I gotta agree with this. There's not many fat surfers and people are generally happier living near the ocean.