Where to live in Texas?

I live a gun restrictive state.

I have a few ARs, 1911s, shotgun, but I want to buy more before DEMS take control and ban everything. I need to get to a free state.

I'm close to retirement, so access to GOOD health care is a issue. Thinking a conservative burb of houston or maybe even austin. Rather be there than dallas/ft worth area..  but open

moneys no a issue

thanks in advance

3 Likes

Its hot and the Taxes are high. There is nothing scenic here. There is virtually no public land. The beaches are filthy and the seawater is filthy and brown. 

Cheap land and houses is long gone. Basically california prices minus 10-20%. Traffic is hellish. 

Houston looks like Mexico City and is filthy. the nice suburbs of Houston are overpriced and crowded with assholes fleeing other states. salaries are low. 

Good health care?? Roll the dice. All the houston hospitals are full to the gills with covid patients. 

Did I tell you its hot. You will be trapped indoors 5-6 months out of the year duwe to the heat. easily 500 a month for electric to run your a/c constantly. The winters are suprisingly cold.  Cold and damp and humid. 

2 Likes

decent houses that were priced at 150-160, REASONABLE are now 400 and up. For nothing. we are talking white board and shingles on a standar lot . Cheap construction and inevitable foundation problems. 

will you be working in the city? Houston or Austin? Is a commute inevitable?

Mosquitos.  

don’t forget to mention the mosquitos.

2 Likes

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

I have a few ARs, 1911s, shotgun, but I want to buy more before DEMS take control and ban everything. I need to get to a free state.

I'm close to retirement, so access to GOOD health care is a issue. Thinking a conservative burb of houston or maybe even austin. Rather be there than dallas/ft worth area..  but open

moneys no a issue

thanks in advance

Look at Arizona or Idaho. I live in Texas and if we keep going the way we are its all going to hell.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. - 

moneys no a issue

thanks in advance

How long have you been waiting for the dems to take your guns....I keep hearing this every election for 20 years and hearing about surging gun sales but yet to see it happen

6 Likes

Currently live in Texas - it’s more like California East. Will be retiring in Idaho or Montana

John Cable -

Its hot and the Taxes are high. There is nothing scenic here. There is virtually no public land. The beaches are filthy and the seawater is filthy and brown. 

Cheap land and houses is long gone. Basically california prices minus 10-20%. Traffic is hellish. 

Houston looks like Mexico City and is filthy. the nice suburbs of Houston are overpriced and crowded with assholes fleeing other states. salaries are low. 

Good health care?? Roll the dice. All the houston hospitals are full to the gills with covid patients. 

Did I tell you its hot. You will be trapped indoors 5-6 months out of the year duwe to the heat. easily 500 a month for electric to run your a/c constantly. The winters are suprisingly cold.  Cold and damp and humid. 

Couldn’t have said it better myself

John Cable - 

All this, except the cold part.

John Cable -

will you be working in the city? Houston or Austin? Is a commute inevitable?

No commute to speak of. I'm a software engineer. I work either remotely, or travel where ever in the country I'm needed. Retirement 5-7 years away.

Alienware -

Currently live in Texas - it’s more like California East. Will be retiring in Idaho or Montana

come on, it cant be that bad. I lived in Richardson for a summer 10 years ago. It was surprisingly shitty (well, really ft worth was shitty). 

Alienware -

You dont care about the cold ass winters?

We've been in San Antonio for a year, enjoyed a lot of it, but we are headed back up to OKC in a couple of weeks and we can't wait to get back up there. The traffic wears on your soul. Real estate is not the great deal that it used to be....we bought a brand new 2900 square foot house for 300K, it has no yard and is a tract home, really marginal quality like all homes in this area for the price. The home we are closing now on in OKC is 2800 square feet, on an acre in a beautiful subdivision, and was 325K.

I think if you lived somewhere like New Braunfels, which is a little north of SA, it would be better. The heat is oppressive, like others have mentioned.

Josh -
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. - 

moneys no a issue

thanks in advance

How long have you been waiting for the dems to take your guns....I keep hearing this every election for 20 years and hearing about surging gun sales but yet to see it happen

I moved from NJ where I was born and raised, to Ca, to Ma

They all have massive restrictions on what guns you can buy.

SCOTUS refuses to hear gun cases so every year they make more and more restrictive laws.

LMAO @ libtards not thinking theyre coming after our guns. I guess you missed beto's "hell yes i'm coming after your AR15" speach.

Maybe you dont notice every fucking year theres a assault weapon ban bill in both houses.

When was the last time DEMS held both chambers of the house and presidency, bucko?

Oh yeah, 61-69. What happened in 1968? The Gun Control Act of 1968

Jesus you fucking libtards

GoDieInACarWreck -
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

moneys no a issue

thanks in advance

Look at Arizona or Idaho. I live in Texas and if we keep going the way we are its all going to hell.

AZ was my 1st choice for 20 years.

Its turning BLUE. Between all the californians and illegals, it'll be an oppressive state in 5-10 years.

Its hotter than balls too.

I was going to buy in a burb of Tuscon and i found out a few years ago the water is TOXIC

John Cable -

;)

Go to Florida they welcome conservatives 

1 Like

Fuck Houston and Austin . Commute. Theres still reasonable real estate. 

I wouldn't even wanna work there. I'm a simple man though,  I'm happy working for myself and I'm not looking to put any kids through college.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. - 
GoDieInACarWreck -
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

moneys no a issue

thanks in advance

AZ was my 1st choice for 20 years.

Its turning BLUE. Between all the californians and illegals, it'll be an oppressive state in 5-10 years.

Its hotter than balls too.

I was going to buy in a burb of Tuscon and i found out a few years ago the water is TOXIC

Hope not, lived in catalina foothills for a while. you're probably thinking marana or some shit