Where to move, early retire/got lazy

Me and the wife are knocking around a fun idea.

My son graduates in 2yrs, we do not have any kids. We're still young, me 36, her 27. We own our house, and a business I run/own, she works/hates retail. We currently live in Colorado.

We did our honeymoon in key West and decided it's one of the coolest places on the planet.

So we're thinking of selling everything after the boy graduates, and taking a break from the world. Moving some where with no winter, get Simple jobs, small place, less worries etc...

So we want to find a place along the gulf coast with something similar to a key West feel, where we can be low rent beach bums for a year or 2 before starting life part 2.

Any suggestions? Phone Post 3.0

enjoy ur aidz in key west.

Destin and orange beach are nice. I'm going to retire somewhere in South America in a little house by the beach when I get old. Phone Post 3.0

Good for you guys! Phone Post 3.0

How about Texas gulf coast or are you married to FLA?

Do your plan moving to Key West but incorporate a small business such as day trips on a boat for tourists.

This way you'll be on the water/beach for a good portion of the day and you'll get to meet different people from all over the place.

you might take a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii

go to the Hilo side and head to Puna (Pahoa)

you will find more odd ball people there than even key west
tons of hippies, fags, and perfectly normal people

you can buy a cheap house out there but you will need $ from someplace

here is a shack for you
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/13-1334-Kahukai-St_Pahoa_HI_96778_M85356-29282#photo24

Philipines

Definitely not sold on Florida.
We just enjoyed the atmosphere in the keys.

I have family in Texas, she has a friend in Louisiana, and my sister is planning on moving to Alabama. So really anywhere on the gulf coast, or southern Atlantic. We are done with winter.

I like the idea of tourist type areas, I grew up outside Rocky mountain national park, so I like that relaxed, hustle and bustle.

I've never been there, but immediately thought of gulf shores Alabama or possibly the FL panhandle. But any suggestions about Georgia coast or the FL Atlantic side would be awesome. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome congrats! No good suggestion, I loved key largo though, thought it be a good chill spot.

Curious though; how old is your kid? You seem super young, were you on the show teenage mom? Phone Post 3.0

HaoleBoy - you might take a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii

here is a shack for you
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/13-1334-Kahukai-St_Pahoa_HI_96778_M85356-29282#photo24

Shit I had no idea you could get housing that cheap out there.

Cost of living is ridiculous though, right?

My cousin and his wife tried living on the big island for a few years - they had a hard time. She is a successful cosmetologist and he was a dive master.

They sad everything food, utilities, rent, fuel was 3x the equivalent in Chicago. They also said the natives really hate fresh transplants - but they are both blonde, good lucking middle American types. They only made a few friends and had a pretty limited social life - and they are really nice borderline alcoholic fun people.

Yeah U like that U Fkin Idiot - Awesome congrats! No good suggestion, I loved key largo though, thought it be a good chill spot.

Curious though; how old is your kid? You seem super young, were you on the show teenage mom? Phone Post 3.0
Pretty close, lol. knocked up the second girl I ever slept with, I was 19 when he was born. I had a daughter almost a year later, and a vasectomy a year later. Daughter lives primarily with her mom now. They both graduate the same year. Phone Post 3.0

jodienda -
HaoleBoy - you might take a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii

here is a shack for you

Shit I had no idea you could get housing that cheap out there.

Cost of living is ridiculous though, right?

My cousin and his wife tried living on the big island for a few years - they had a hard time. She is a successful cosmetologist and he was a dive master.

They sad everything food, utilities, rent, fuel was 3x the equivalent in Chicago. They also said the natives really hate fresh transplants - but they are both blonde, good lucking middle American types. They only made a few friends and had a pretty limited social life - and they are really nice borderline alcoholic fun people.
That looks great, but I have also heard how shitty the reality is for mainlanders on the islands...

We plan on having jobs, she is going to get a massage cert, ive been a chef and would love to get back into a kitchen.

But our main goal is less/no stress by keeping out of the rat race for a bit. Phone Post 3.0

alkysmurf -
Yeah U like that U Fkin Idiot - Awesome congrats! No good suggestion, I loved key largo though, thought it be a good chill spot.

Pretty close, lol. knocked up the second girl I ever slept with, I was 19 when he was born. I had a daughter almost a year later, and a vasectomy a year later. Daughter lives primarily with her mom now. They both graduate the same year. Phone Post 3.0
Cant have been easy but it looks like you guys did awesome along the way. Good for you, you guys are badasses. Impressed.

Hope you find a great spot. Phone Post 3.0