Where to trane in Hawaii?

Sup UG!  Transferring to Hawaii soon.  Was wondering what the community here thought about where to "trane" on Oahu.  I have found about a 100 different gyms and not sure which are a waste and which are serious.  I see a UFC/BJ Penn joint venture is opening up early this year but the pictures look a little bit like a Globo Gym. 

I appreciate any advice and comments you have.  See you around come March.  Mahalo!

Help us help you friend...where will you be moving to? What kind of training are you looking for?

fnunderful - Help us help you friend...where will you be moving to? What kind of training are you looking for?

I'll be on Oahu.  Exactly where, haven't decided but most likely around Pearl City or K-Bay.  Looking for a solid MMA gym where I can continue training and fighting.  Lots of tools out there to find gyms and they all return a ton of results. 

Chris Leben has a good MMA school off of University in Honolulu but I haven't trained there in a couple years (great experience, great coaches and training partners). I moved to Kaneohe and now I am training Jiu Jitsu at Relson's Gracie's KTeam and couldn't be happier! Best way to find your school is to try them out...I know KTeam welcomes potential new students with a trial period. Shop around and find what you are looking for before you commit.

fnunderful - Chris Leben has a good MMA school off of University in Honolulu but I haven't trained there in a couple years (great experience, great coaches and training partners). I moved to Kaneohe and now I am training Jiu Jitsu at Relson's Gracie's KTeam and couldn't be happier! Best way to find your school is to try them out...I know KTeam welcomes potential new students with a trial period. Shop around and find what you are looking for before you commit.

Advice isn't going to get better than this.

I second Chris's for MMA. My boy Ralphie there is someone you can talk to when you swing by.
Good luck and Welcome. Phone Post

JIMMYNAKS -
fnunderful - Chris Leben has a good MMA school off of University in Honolulu but I haven't trained there in a couple years (great experience, great coaches and training partners). I moved to Kaneohe and now I am training Jiu Jitsu at Relson's Gracie's KTeam and couldn't be happier! Best way to find your school is to try them out...I know KTeam welcomes potential new students with a trial period. Shop around and find what you are looking for before you commit.

Advice isn't going to get better than this.

I second Chris's for MMA. My boy Ralphie there is someone you can talk to when you swing by.
Good luck and Welcome. Phone Post

Thanks guys, I will check them out. Very stoked to be headed that direction! Phone Post

just watch out for todd atkins to possibly swing from your nuts while you are here. hed love to suck you off then drop your name later on down the line

You might be interested to try and trane Hawaiian jew-jitsu, we got the only blackbelt in HJJ on our island.

There's a lot of school, just shop around. The UFC gym I heard is opening up in may (I heard), but I'm not sure who the instructors will be.

808Topteam will be moving to the pearl city powerhouse gym in march.

I'm guessing marine?

Yup, good guess! Thanks for the info also. Phone Post

I heard good thing about what Kevin Lee is doing with Power House in Pearl Kai. Phone Post

Come down to Kteam and check us out . We have alot of good training partners of all rank and size. and on top of that we alsohave another pimpin gym in Waikiki. ask for mark or brad

kteam - Come down to Kteam and check us out . We have alot of good training partners of all rank and size. and on top of that we alsohave another pimpin gym in Waikiki. ask for mark or brad

Will do, thank you! Phone Post

I heard the toilets at GW were pretty clean. Phone Post

i've seen pics of this toilet...pretty hot chic cleaning it too!

Bald Brittany!! Phone Post

LOL WTF

To trane UFC, go to North Shore and drop in on all the surfers there, someone will wish to trane mma sand and water style/technique with you. After mastering the first two levels of North Shore technique you must learn mountain style and skydive style mma. Truth.

Lolz, I better brush up on my pigeon first! Phone Post

Another place to "trane UFC" is at the Shack Waikiki on friday and saturday nights. When you get to the door ask for "UFA ta samoan" and tell'm "you like beef" and they'll help you out with that.

ChinoV - Another place to "trane UFC" is at the Shack Waikiki on friday and saturday nights. When you get to the door ask for "UFA ta samoan" and tell'm "you like beef" and they'll help you out with that.

Is this similar to what would happen if I insult Brother Iz (large guy who sang Over the Rainbow remix)? I have already been warned about that! Phone Post