Where was Lyoto's takedown defense last night?

Robert P Hansson - Just a lanky freak bodytype that most fighters have no experience with. Safe positions for 99 percent of fighters aren't safe with a lanky chimp.

chimp huh?

what do you mean you people??

Robert P Hansson - Just a lanky freak bodytype that most fighters have no experience with. Safe positions for 99 percent of fighters aren't safe with a lanky chimp.

I think you left your robe, hood, and copy of Birth of Nation at the Starbucks this morning.

Lanky is part of it, but it's not everything, otherwise Ben Saunders, Corey Hill, and Stefan Struve would all be champions. But they're not.

Capslock17ny - Wait...didn't Jon Jones drop Machida by beating him to the punch, and dropping him, then choking him lifeless? All the takedown really resulted in was a cut.

I guess they didnt see the fight Phone Post

T Bag - 
NarlyPersianDude - What the fuck, I remember Jones a few times trying to take Machida down, and Machida just kicked him off like nothing, I only remember one Jones takedown, where Machida got up less than a minute later.

Weird and non sensical I say

This is what happens when someone can't watch a fight with any objectivity.
I rewatched the fight and at no point does Jones try to take Machida down with Machida kicking him off like it's nothing. Hint: a clinch attempt is not a takedown. The only time Jones committed to takedown he easily rag dolled him.
If you're right, post the time and round of these unsuccessful takedowns and I will rewatch

This isn't exactly accurate.

Jones attempted a take down and was shut down by Machida, but he persisted and got him on the second attempt.