Where were you on 9.11?

Myself along with several other instructors were teaching a defensive tactics class at a Nat'l Guard Armory to a group of young recruits. We started watching after the first plane hit. We came out and asked if any of the recruits had any family living or visiting NY. No one said anything so we didn't say anything until class was over.

The next day I met with a female Nat'l Guardsman and I said "Staff Sergeant Dixon, how excited are you that you will be helping to defend our Country very soon?"

She said "well...technically speaking...Africa is my Country"

I just walked off and didn't bother to inform her that Africa is a contentment.

DaveFu - Pensacola Florida at Navy School thinking I was going to go to world war 3.

Damn I was right behind you in boot camp in Chicago.

kinson - 
64FordF100 -

I worked in assembly at a firearms manufacturer, central time zone so it was shortly after we started work that the guy who did the IT stuff came through talking about the first plane hitting.  He was kind of a bullshitter and didn't say too many details, so my interpretation was that it must have been a small plane and not a commercial one.  After the news of the second plane hit, and everybody began to understand the magnitude of the situation, they got some tv's from somewhere.  They put one on my bench in the shop, and one in the conference room and everybody stopped working and watched.  I think we watched until the towers collapsed, then we went back to work.  They left the tv in the conference room on, and we went up there at breaktimes to see what was going on.

Around lunch time, the office workers came running out of the office and went down into the underground firing range.  Some guy had shown up in the reception area acting/talking crazy and they were afraid enough that they evacuated the office.  One manager knew I trained and came and got me to deal with the guy.  One of the other higher ups was a Vietnam Vet, he got ahold of ammo and loaded a rifle and went into Vietnam Vet mode and backed me up.  I got to go talk to the guy until the police showed up, the Vietnam Vet was on the other side of the door with a loaded AR-15.  He told me 3 different stories of what he wanted and what he was doing.  Police showed up, he had a loaded rifle in his vehicle and they took him away.  

Crazy story. You will work in that industry? 

Not anymore, I own a screenprinting/sign business now, pretty much the total opposite lol.  I could still build the hell out of some AR-15's if I had to though.

Kevin85 -

10th grade I think first period.

This. I think it was right before class started and people had the old TVs on. Walked in and the second one hit. 

I graduated from grad school and the tech bubble had burst so all the offers got pulled and I was unemployed.  I was sleeping on the floor of a friend's house because I was doing the rounds and meeting with people, trying to get a job.  

My brother was working on the east coast and calls me at a little before 6am.  I'm in CA at the time.  He tells me "you won't believe it, some idiot accidentally crashed a plane into the World Trade Center."  I'm mostly pissed he woke me up, but I turn on the TV.  

As I'm watching, the second plane hits.   Holy shit.  Everything just slows down as we all realize this isn't an accident.   Then the Pentagon gets hit.   Then we hear reports of plans all over are off the radar.  No one knows if it's just three planes or a hundred.  We don't hear about flight 93 until later.  

We watch the bodies fall.  

The fires are awful.  Surely this is the worst thing we've ever witnessed

Then we see the tower fall.   

Time stops.   It's impossible to wrap your head around.  The scale.  The destruction of a landmark.  The birth of history. 

We hear about fighters being scrambled.  We hear about the final phone calls from 93 and we hear about their sacrifice.  "Let's Roll" becomes the only bright spot in a day of misery and sorrow.  

Somewhere in there I'm calling my friends and family in NY.  We can't get through.  We don't get in touch with anyone until that evening or the next day.  

I remember the highways being virtually empty.   Someone hangs a flag over 101.  I go with my friend to get a burrito.  It was a weirdly normal thing.  Everyone is extra polite to everyone else.   

I remember watching an interview with the CEO of Canter Fitzgerald.  He was late for work because of something at his kids school.  The entire office was wiped out.  He's a blubbering mess and saying how he was blessed to have the greatest people working for him.  

I don't think it's the same day. Maybe later in the week.  The anthrax scares hit.  Suddenly there's anthrax everywhere.   People are scared and nothing was ever the same again

I was in a hotel in waikiki with my brother, some strippers, alcohol, a shit load of Coke and meth, and the realization that everything was about to change.

West coast, on my way to work carpooling with friends. We live south of Silicon Valley where we worked, and always stopped in Aptos for coffee. While we were getting coffee, a friend of ours that happened to live in Apros called to tell us what was going on. We went to her house and watched the news in horror. We called our boss and said "fuck that, Silicon Valley could be a Target, we will sit this one out."

ROCKER24 -

I had a conversation with some coworkers today and everyone kf us remembered, in great detail, exactly where we were, what we were doing, and the emotion we experienced on that day. 

What's your story...?

Debbie Downer here..... didn't you ask this JUST last year. 

And the year before that.....

AND.....

the year before that?!!!!

our stories have not changed. 

Just go go back to your old posts. 

Just got off the graveyard shift and was on the OG when someone made the thread.  Didn't think much of it at first.

jkd4200 - 
ROCKER24 -

I had a conversation with some coworkers today and everyone kf us remembered, in great detail, exactly where we were, what we were doing, and the emotion we experienced on that day. 

What's your story...?

AND.....

or you could have not opened the thread, then not quoted the OP and then not posted anything, you retarded faggot cunt.

Soup and Beer - 

Just got off the graveyard shift and was on the OG when someone made the thread.  Didn't think much of it at first.

Wow that is very OG OG

One little thing I remember a friend's brother was in Seal Team Six.

Later in the day she let us know the family talked to him and he/ they were leaving that day but no destination cited.

I am fairly certain it was that same day.

I remember thinking things were changing.

Was traveling to work a job site in SF and woke up at a hotel in fishermans wharf. Turned the news on to wake up and saw the first tower on fire.

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
jkd4200 - 
ROCKER24 -

What's your story...?

AND.....

or you could have not opened the thread, then not quoted the OP and then not posted anything, you retarded faggot cunt.

U said that last year. 

Senior year of high school, gym class. My wrestling coach pulled me in his office as we watched

64FordF100 -
kinson - 
64FordF100 -

I worked in assembly at a firearms manufacturer, central time zone so it was shortly after we started work that the guy who did the IT stuff came through talking about the first plane hitting.  He was kind of a bullshitter and didn't say too many details, so my interpretation was that it must have been a small plane and not a commercial one.  After the news of the second plane hit, and everybody began to understand the magnitude of the situation, they got some tv's from somewhere.  They put one on my bench in the shop, and one in the conference room and everybody stopped working and watched.  I think we watched until the towers collapsed, then we went back to work.  They left the tv in the conference room on, and we went up there at breaktimes to see what was going on.

Around lunch time, the office workers came running out of the office and went down into the underground firing range.  Some guy had shown up in the reception area acting/talking crazy and they were afraid enough that they evacuated the office.  One manager knew I trained and came and got me to deal with the guy.  One of the other higher ups was a Vietnam Vet, he got ahold of ammo and loaded a rifle and went into Vietnam Vet mode and backed me up.  I got to go talk to the guy until the police showed up, the Vietnam Vet was on the other side of the door with a loaded AR-15.  He told me 3 different stories of what he wanted and what he was doing.  Police showed up, he had a loaded rifle in his vehicle and they took him away.  

Crazy story. You will work in that industry? 

Not anymore, I own a screenprinting/sign business now, pretty much the total opposite lol.  I could still build the hell out of some AR-15's if I had to though.

Dream job! I recently built my first AR-15 this summer. Really fun. 

Finished working a night shift as a security guard, had to change my flat tire before heading home. Got home after the first plane hit. My Dad was watching it.

I thought a pilot fucked up and accidentally flew the plane into the building. My Dad said "The world is going to end". Then the 2nd plane flew into a building and I knew something was up.

Went to bed because I was tired, got up in the afternoon and it was the only thing on tv. Replaying the planes and the towers coming down.