Where will the FA's go??

Just saw a "team" of free agents from this year's crop. Where do you think these guys will end up?

P--D. Lowe

P--C. Pavano

P--P. Martinez

C--J. Varitek

1B--C. Delgado

2B--J. Kent

3B--A. Beltre

SS--N. Garciaparra, E. Renteria

OF--M. Alou

OF--C. Beltran

OF--M. Ordonez, J.D. Drew

Closers--A. Benitez, T. Percival

edited for spacing

Pavano and Varitek in Boston. Pedro OR Lowe go to the Yankees. The other (probably Pedro) goes to the NL somewhere. Delgado stays in the AL, so he can DH from time to time because his defense is atrocious; maybe Baltimore. Kent retires, and Beltre stays with the Dodgers--all the teams that can afford a premier 3B already have one. Renteria stays put, I can't figure out Nosemar, and Alou goes to SF to play for Daddy. Beltran goes to either the Cubs or stays put in Houston. I think Drew will stay put, and the closers are anyone's guess, since they won't get as much as they think they should.

Randy Johnson will hopefully be In St. Louis next year and Renteria will stay.Beltran will be in Angels uniform next year.

If Beltre is not signed by the Dodgers then I will kill people.

including yourself?

Haven't heard of Randy to St. Louis. I find that doubtful - they'll be lucky to keep Renteria.

What would SF do with Barry & Moises? Who's NOT playing in LF??? Neither has the arm or range for CF or RF.

Cubs my wind up with Nomar & Beltran. :)

i'm guessing the pirates get beltran, r johnson and c pavano

that more specifically is they wll get the Belt to run on the team bus,

they will get rudy johnson oh wait that's the steelers will tackle him in a few weeks

anc c pavano is carlos pavano the best peanut tosser this side of the mississippi

Roger Clemens filed for free agency. Most likely as a formality, but it could make for some interesting story lines if NY and Boston can lure him back to the Northeast.

shadetree, no, sorry to disappoint you.

Clemens filed because if he didn't, he'd either have to file for retirement or the Astros would have to release him. That would mean they couldn't sign him until May, and he'd be open game for everyone else. He had to file for FA if he decided to excercise that .01% and come back to Houston.

"Haven't heard of Randy to St. Louis. I find that doubtful - they'll be lucky to keep Renteria"

I guess you dont watch Espn, but then again I expected that kind of negative response from a cub fan.

Beltran's agent is asking for a 10yr 200 million dollar deal for a career .284 hitter.

"I guess you dont watch Espn, but then again I expected that kind of negative response from a cub fan."

Watched it this evening and they did talk about it. Prior to that ESPN Insider Rumor Central hadn't mentioned it, and it's usual ahead of Sportscenter...so there.

Is it too late to take back my prediction on Varitek staying in Boston?? I didn't know until today that his crazy-ass agent (Boras) wants 5 years/50 mill. and a no-trade clause. Not happening.

The same crazy-ass agent is asking for 10/200 for Beltran, that's not going to happen either. Nobody's going to give out a 10-year deal; he'll end up with 6-8 years at 15 per.

I had also heard that St. Louis is a possibility for the Unit, but the catch is that the Cards most likely don't have enough in their farm system to get him. Doesn't sound like a real possibility to me.

the sox might make a move for the montreal catcher schnieder i believe his name is...honestly i dont know anything about him, all ive heard and read though is that he is an outstanding defensive catcher with some offensive potential

& at 27 is young and cheap

I know it is early in free agency but it sounds as if some of these teams are showing signs of fiscal responsibility. Of course, the Yankees have yet to make their move. I am hopeful no team gives in to Boras' demands for either Varitek (5 years 50 mill. + no trade clause) or Beltran (10 years 200 mill.)

DC has told Boston that they have no desire to move Schneider. Too bad for the Sawx, he's a very good catcher defensively (I think the led the league in caught stealing %).

If Boras sticks with his demands for Varitek and Beltran, they will be the last two guys signed this offseason.

well i guess that all hopes cannot be realized

I got Varitek and Alou right. I thought Pedro would probably go to the NL (if I had to predict at the time, I thought LA was the most likely), I just couldn't picture him being a Yankee. Renteria leaving really surprised me, as did the Beltre deal.

Date: 11/11/04 09:37 PM
2297 Total Posts Ignore User

Randy Johnson will hopefully be In St. Louis next year and Renteria will stay.Beltran will be in Angels uniform next year.

LOL