Where's the outcry over gas prices?

It was a little over $50 for me to fill up my Civic with gas yesterday.

I don't see anybody complaining about high gas prices. Or protesting.

50 fucking dollars. I used to drive a Focus before my Civic, which has the same size tank. Never paid near $50 to fill that either.

Is Obama in bed with the oil companies too?

Around 2008 we started loving the erosion of basic liberties & high gas prices

-Libs

Z NEDCMK1 -

Almost paying as much as the rest of the world.

Most of the "rest of the world" that you're referring to doesn't have their own oil. Phone Post

microbiologynerd - 

lol brilliant

I'm in Kuwait...today it cost me 6$ to completely fill my Honda City.

The ridiculous part...it also cost me 6$ for 10 liters of water Phone Post 3.0

Doesn't seem like that much money to me.

PatK - It was a little over $50 for me to fill up my Civic with gas yesterday.

I don't see anybody complaining about high gas prices. Or protesting.

50 fucking dollars. I used to drive a Focus before my Civic, which has the same size tank. Never paid near $50 to fill that either.

Is Obama in bed with the oil companies too?

LOL! I was just thinking this exact thing this morning as I was filling up at a $3.89.9 per gallon.

Evidently it is still Bush's fault.

It is what was said then.. They raised the price to over $4.50  and then slowly dialed it back to where they really wanted the price. Thus allowing folks to feel "at least its not $4.50 a gallon". And, it worked. 

The politicians dont care they have thier lined pockets.

Z NEDCMK1 -
rufus - 
Z NEDCMK1 -

Most of the "rest of the world" that you're referring to doesn't have their own oil. Phone Post

Yes.... and we pay less.

The gap is shrinking. Unnecessarily. Phone Post

Gas prices reached their all time high in summer of 2008, so people have had some time to get used to the idea of paying $4 a gallon. Nobody likes doing it, and people grumble about it, but at this point I think the public realizes that there just isn't much that can be done about it. OPEC isn't going to flood the market with enough gasoline to drive prices down (barring a temporary action to punish a nation that is overproducing), as that would be in direct contravention with their own interests. The only way gas prices drop very much is if there is a sudden decrease in demand, and the only way that happens is if the global economy takes another major dip like it did in the latter part of 2008.

Nuevo Haole - 

Around 2008 we started loving the erosion of basic liberties & high gas prices

-Libs

Another way libs are just like conservatives.

Prices in Detroit went up to 429 last week. Toledo (35miles away ish) is 359. Does not compute. We're getting fucked dry. Phone Post 3.0

Z NEDCMK1 - 

This isn't about the rest of the word

BUT BUSH..

Hey, Obama's own Energy Secretary said the goal should be to boost our gas prices to near the European levels. Just doing their job, I guess. Phone Post

it is $4.19 here. last week it was up to $4.29.
bullshit thing is it went up 50cents in a weeks time to get that high.
and for no good fucking reason.

i don't know why motherfuckers are not complaining. i guess b/c when it was high under Bush, the liberals were joining in on the bitching. those fuckers can bitch loud. but now b/c Obama is potus they don't join in.

rufus - 
Z NEDCMK1 -

It is important to realize that while you might have oil in your country it is not your oil. Corporations own the rights to that resource and once extracted it will be sold on the world market for going rates.

It is of little consequence that the oil happened to come from your country, as there is no difference between two barrels of the same grade oil regardless of their origins.

The only way it would be your oil is if state owned corporations performed the same function as the private corporations currently do.

After you get ass raped eveyday for the past 2-3 years, you just kinda start to expect it

LOL @ people dumb enough to pretend this is some liberal conspiracy. People are used to the prices now and have moved on to other complaints. Lots of people have downsized their vehicles or gotten more fuel efficient models. Plus, the shitty economy is less shitty.

Z NEDCMK1 -
Pat Giles - Prices in Detroit went up to 429 last week. Toledo (35miles away ish) is 359. Does not compute. We're getting fucked dry. Phone Post 3.0

Different states and different localities have different tax structures.

Oh really? Not 50c a gallon more. Our prices and Toledo are ALWAYS within 15c as I drive there monthly. Not now. Must be a "refinery problem". Did hear the next load my local station is 6c less than yesterday. Phone Post 3.0