Whey protein alternatives?

I have a relative who is an athlete in college and really needs some extra protein.

Most of his teammates use whey powder, but he doesn't like it, mostly the taste/consistency and that he is somewhat lactose intolerant.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Try and get more protein from food instead of garbage left over from dairy products that is marketed really well............

"Hemp force, bitch!"
-Joe Rogan Phone Post

I agree with food proteins. Hemp seeds and chia seeds, are great. Phone Post

Egg whites.

Maybe a better quality powder? Sounds like he gets the grit/clumps from cheap shit that doesn't mix well. Have him try ON's whey, it is fantastic.

almonds
soy protein
eggs (yokes too)
peanut butter
chicken
beef
fish

I have a vegan blend as I am in the same boat. It's brown rice and something else - I got mine from My Protein.

Soy protein is disgusting. I think you can get pea, hemp and chia blends through sun warrior but that's quite expensive. Phone Post 3.0

Triple_B - Try and get more protein from food instead of garbage left over from dairy products that is marketed really well............

Eating more food isn't an option here

tell him to quite being a little cunt and drink the whey like a man. Let me guess... while his teammates are drinking whisky he is enjoying an appletini bc he doesnt like the taste of alcohol?

damn Im in a shitty mood today.

Tell your relative to man up and chug it. Not sure anybody actually enjoys protein shakes id much rather get protein from a cold can of mt dew but unfortunately it doesn't work like that Phone Post 3.0

LACTOSE INTOLERANCE MOTHERFUCKERS, UNNERSTAN?

I know you say he doesn't want whey, but it could be other issues in the product itself that are causing issues.  This is far and away the best protein I've found.  Taste is great, and quality is even better

http://thedietdoc.com/products-page/protein-powder/chocolate-protein-powder-2/

PatK - LACTOSE INTOLERANCE MOTHERFUCKERS, UNNERSTAN?
They have easy digesting proteins for lactose intolerant people Phone Post 3.0

Egg whites
Lactaid milk

KOphil25 -
PatK - LACTOSE INTOLERANCE MOTHERFUCKERS, UNNERSTAN?
They have easy digesting proteins for lactose intolerant people Phone Post 3.0
Whey isolate to be exact Phone Post 3.0

Brandable -

Maybe a better quality powder? Sounds like he gets the grit/clumps from cheap shit that doesn't mix well. Have him try ON's whey, it is fantastic.

This.

Ideally, you want your protein to come from food but good quality whey protein is very convenient. I had major gas problems with muscletech proteins and some other ones that made me gamble-fart. The new Zealand whey, which is grass fed and hormone free whey protein, has been awesome. ON whey is really good too.

I actually started making kale shakes with half a scoop of whey and a banana every day when i wake up. I drink a big glass of RO water and pound back a shake. Phone Post 3.0

Whey protein does not contain lactose, he's pulling your leg.

Isopure or isoflex, he has to get the fuck over the taste and consistancy, what is he a food critic?

Trust - 

Recommending dairy to someone who is lactose intolerant is whey out of line.  

Well played sir, well played

Mencken, I will check that out, thanks.