Which 85k detroit house would you pick?

This nearly 1,500-square-foot home definitely has curb appeal. It also had a great deck and a small backyard. It has three bedrooms, one bath, refinished hardwood floors, and the listing says that almost all the work has been done in renovating. This Rosedale Park house is listed for $84,900.

Passive Jay - 

This nearly 1,500-square-foot home definitely has curb appeal. It also had a great deck and a small backyard. It has three bedrooms, one bath, refinished hardwood floors, and the listing says that almost all the work has been done in renovating. This Rosedale Park house is listed for $84,900.

Looks bigger than 1500.

Unless those are in a lowish crime area I wouldn't spend 85k on them.

This colorful brick colonial in the Grandmont #1 Subdivision looks very lived in and may require a lot of painting (unless you love bright colors). It’s just over 1,500 square feet, with three bedrooms, one and a half baths, and hardwood floors. It’s listing for $85,000.

Is it character you’re looking for? We featured this Jefferson Chalmers house back in October, and it’s loaded with some serious pretty in pink character. With 1,453 square feet, it has three bedrooms, two and a half baths, and a very unique basement bar. It’s now listing for $79,900.

Maybe you’re not about that single-family house life. This eighth floor co-op in 1300 E. Lafayette is coming in at the lower end of our price range at $75,000. It has one bedroom, one bath, and again, some pretty bold paint choices. Factor in the HOA fee for this one — it’s $1,014 a month.

I like the big porch and the deck ones, but wish they could transplant that out here. California houses rarely have those old school cool features.

house 1

https://www.redfin.com/MI/Detroit/16773-Edinborough-Rd-48219/home/98556440

house 2

https://www.redfin.com/MI/Detroit/14140-Artesian-St-48223/home/91512549

house 3

https://www.redfin.com/MI/Detroit/274-Eastlawn-St-48215/home/61264872

house 3 is probably the best option.

i wish Detroit didnt suck so bad. ill have 100k in my pocket after i sell and would love to buy something cash

House 1 is in the best shape, but house 3 has the most potential for a guy like me.

OG real estate mavens, how long until Detroit turns from bombed-out shithole to hipster-desireable? Just curious how long one would have to sit on these before flipping them for serious profit. I'm thinking north of 10 years. 

TzTinkle - Unless those are in a lowish crime area I wouldn't spend 85k on them.

they are not in horrible areas.

House 1 has 3 bedrooms, 2 storeys, and 1 bath.  Fuck that!

I would spend the 85K on a really nice bus camper and drive it the hell out of Detroit.

None of them. They're in Detroit.

House 2, I have a thing for double fronted, though that door would need to be replaced with something suitably epic.

I wouldn't live in Detroit if you paid me 85k

All of those houses would be a downgrade for me in both house and location

And what's up with the house with the really pink room, or is that just bad lighting in the photo?

Is this Barney Rubble's rec room?

If you are willing to buy any of these houses in Detroit, I've got some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

FreeCandy -

house 3 is probably the best option.

i wish Detroit didnt suck so bad. ill have 100k in my pocket after i sell and would love to buy something cash

detroit really is making a major comeback.