Which early UFC Heavyweight could be a champ today

If you took them now, in the prime of their lives, and put them through the best modern MMA training, which early UFC/Pride Heavyweight do you think could be a current Champion? (I am just starting a small list, and I have the memory of an earthworm, so don't be too hard on me about anyone I forget. Just add as you go.)

- Bas Rutten

- Petey Williams

- Oleg Taktarov

- Pedro Rizzo

- Mark Coleman

- Mark Kerr

- Dan Severn

- Kevin Randleman

- Igor Vovchanchyn

- Marco Ruas

- Ricco Rodriguez

- Maurice Smith

- Tank Abott

- Don Frye

Bas without injuries Phone Post

None Phone Post

Mo Smith, Igor

Both are good strikers and can hold their own on the ground.

Igor and Rutten. Possibly Coleman if headbutts and knees were allowed.

The monster who lost that COMPLETELY bogus decision to Bas, and latter won the title was a damn freak. He may have be able to take JDS down and hold him there (PRIMe Coleman too) in a boring decision.

I think that's it though.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - I don't really see any of them in their prime beating todays HWTs.

He didn't say heavyweights, he said champion.

So, could any of them cut to LH and win there?

HULC - Igor and Rutten. Possibly Coleman if headbutts and knees were allowed.

Strikers are outclassed technically and out muscled too.

coleman or kerr in their physical primes having gone through todays mma training.

MMALOGIC - 

coleman or kerr in their physical primes having gone through todays mma training.

If you're allowing for modern training the playing field is very different no question. I do not think the OP meant that.

Kerr and Coleman.

none of them would make the top 10

Does Vitor count?

Nick Fury - 
Lazer MMA - 
MMALOGIC - 

If you're allowing for modern training the playing field is very different no question. I do not think the OP meant that.

He stated that they would have been put through the best modern MMA training. That is why I said any of them could be Champion.

You honestly think  that Tank Abbott, even with the best sprawl training, submission training/defense, boxing coaching and diet technicians could beat JDS? Anything can happen I guess .... but you still can't teach desire.

I definitely think Mark Coleman would be my pick of the litter. In his prime, with today's training, he could match up with almost anyone.

None. Anyone really want to pit those guys against JDS or Cain? Its a new generation. Let it go. The sport was infantile then, and in may ways still is. But the champions are legit athletes

Josh Barnett maybe.

Nick Fury - 
Lazer MMA - 
MMALOGIC - 

He stated that they would have been put through the best modern MMA training. That is why I said any of them could be Champion.

OOPS. TY nick

Well then I just say who knows!

Ok modern day training.... But is there modern day drug testing? Haha Phone Post

I think anyone on that list outside of Tank, Severn and Petey would have a good chance at being a champion if they were trained under today's styles and methods. I have yet to see a better MMA athlete than Kevin Randleman, but he seemed to lose more fights between the ears than in the cage.

Take away drug abuse problems, a loss to a roided to the gills Sylvia, and several razor thin decision losses and we may be talking about Ricco Rodriguez as an all time great.

I'd say in his prime he could compete with any of today's fighters.