Which Is More Scary? RE: Guns

Went to the store the other day and walked by 2 different guys with the normal gun nut look: Cargo pants, black and white US flag shirt, and hat with the bill well bent. They both also had guns on their belt, with one of them having 2 guns and 2 magazines in case he gets in a shootout at the OK Corral I guess.

This leads me to my question: Are you more afraid of criminals or one of these modern day Billy the Kid types using their gun on you? 

I own guns and have a CCW BTW, I just don't need to make sure everyone I encounter knows that.

1 Like

What I'm most afraid of is friends & family finding out I wasted 20 years of my life here.

17 Likes

If shit go's down I'll be hanging by Billy the kid. 

BarkLikeADog - What I'm most afraid of is friends & family finding out I wasted 20 years of my life here.

*laughs in 74,000 posts, all of them terrible*

1 Like
Kwang -

Went to the store the other day and walked by 2 different guys with the normal gun nut look: Cargo pants, black and white US flag shirt, and hat with the bill well bent. They both also had guns on their belt, with one of them having 2 guns and 2 magazines in case he gets in a shootout at the OK Corral I guess.

This leads me to my question: Are you more afraid of criminals or one of these modern day Billy the Kid types using their gun on you? 

I own guns and have a CCW BTW, I just don't need to make sure everyone I encounter knows that.

Well, since I wouldn't attack or threaten anyone with bodily harm, anyone that would use their gun on me would be a criminal, even this "Billy the Kid" type guy you saw, definitely more worried about criminals. 

Interesting you would draw a distinction between what this guy and a criminal would look like. Would you care to describe what you'd expect this hypothetical criminal to look like?  

Bad guys don't use holsters.

2 Likes

Neither are scary , open carry screams that they are the one who’s scared to me , that goes for dudes with knives out in the open too 

I don't believe the OP has a CCW and own guns. People that own guns don't say 'gun nuts'.

That is all.

4 Likes

If its legal where you live, and you chose to live there. Then why are you complaining? OP doesnt have a ccw. If he did then he wouldnt have an issue with two unknown guys open carrying in a public place. How da fuq do we know your not a criminal? 

1 Like

Kwang - 

Gun nut guy is never going to be breaking into your home, raping your daughter etc.

Criminals are worse.

Gun owner types DON'T commit felonies because they want to preserve their gun rights.

1 Like

I don't believe OP's bullshit story.

2 Likes

People open carry up here all the time. It's been that way in this area since the 1700s when early trading posts were established. It's simply normal. I have no fear at all of being shot by ordinary citizens.

Kwang -

I live in a county with over 700,000 residents. 

CCW permits the last 30-35 years. 

Not one single crime commited by CCW permit holders. 

1 Like

Im not afraid of law abiding citizens.  

I would not do anything that would cause Joe open carry to draw on me so why would I be afraid of them?  

Maybe its just me but the guys I know who OC are usually the ones I see at the range practicing. So I am ok with it.

I'm more concerned with them drawing attention to themselves

I am pretty sure the leading cause of wearing guns in public is not getting laid. 

1 Like
Cotton - 
BarkLikeADog - What I'm most afraid of is friends & family finding out I wasted 20 years of my life here.

*laughs in 74,000 posts, all of them terrible*

thats pretty funny! i've been around since 06. only my wife and my friend who introduced me to this site knows.

Kwang -

I am pretty sure the leading cause of wearing guns in public is not getting laid. 

Haha, agreed.  But yeah, those two Billy Bobs are not the gun crime I’m worried about.  I roll my eyes at open carry guys but I don’t ever worry about them.

What type of guns do you own, OP?