Which MMA rules are different for women?

Serious thread.

I know women are not allowed to wear as much protection as men (groin). Are there any other special rules?

For example, there is no rule for men not to grab the chest. Is there a special rule for women? I ask because Tate is rumored to have grabbed Ronda in ways to distract her from the fight. (nothing overtly sexual, just enough to distract her).

Other issues include medical implications of pregnancy issues, recovery time for accidental groin shots (still 5 minutes?), etc.

Stupid thread.

They wear shirts.

That is all. Phone Post 3.0

Pregnancy tests are mandatory. They wear commission-approved tops. No groin protectors, but low blows are still illegal and penalized.

Pretty sure that's it.

If you want to talk practical differences, the Strawweight and Atomweight divisions are not official division in the MMA Unified Rules, and thus if a promoter schedules a Strawweight bout but one girl shows up weighing 125 lbs., the other fighter and the commission do not have any recourse regarding the purse. This happened to Felice Herrig once.

You'd think this would be changed already.

I submit cats - Stupid thread.

They wear shirts.

That is all. Phone Post 3.0
Pretty normal thread topic. You looking for more McGregor threads? Phone Post 3.0

They can punch wherever Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Betwithme - Why can't females wear cups? Serious question, I heard it hurts if they get cunt punted. Phone Post 3.0
They have them....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008P8GHS8/ref=pd_aw_sbs_200_3?refRID=064MJN2X120YXHFF794N

Curious why they wouldn't wear them? Probably pretty uncomfortable Phone Post 3.0

pegson123 - They can punch wherever Phone Post 3.0

Maybe in parts of Australia (depending on the sanctioning body)? Under both the Association of Boxing Commissions ruleset and both IMMAF rulesets, low blows of any kind are not allowed.

It's true the ABC Unified Rules may be modified by individual commission to a degree, but if you examine the NSAC rules you'll see the same thing. Ditto on UFC.com's official ruleset.

Should they also wear metallic or plastic cups for chest protection?

Betwithme - Why can't females wear cups? Serious question, I heard it hurts if they get cunt punted. Phone Post 3.0
Thought they did its called a 'box box' Phone Post 3.0

They can wear commission approved chest protection

If a female is fighting when they have their period, is it wrong to wear a just bleed shirt while watching? Phone Post 3.0

Do women schedule fights around menstrual cycles? Phone Post 3.0