Which type of I.V. Post weight cut?

Hey fellas, looking for some advice. I've got a bout next Saturday and decided I need to rehydrate with an IV this time.

I've been told to do just a simple saline solution but I've also heard good things about a cocktail of B Vitamins and such to rehydrate. Versions of the "Myers Cocktail" is the name that's been brought up. It contains: magnesium, calcium, selenium, B vitamins, vitamin C and other nutrients.

Any thoughts/feedback based on your experiences would be great! Phone Post

How bout moving up a weight class? If you're rehydrating with an IV, you should really re-consider your whole weight cut imo.

TheBulgarianAssassin - How bout moving up a weight class? If you're rehydrating with an IV, you should really re-consider your whole weight cut imo.

Thisss Phone Post

What is our sport becoming? If you can't be rehydrated fully/properly in 24 hours just by drinking fluids and eating food, then you're definitely in the wrong weight class. It's a fight, not a dieting contest.

I'd suggest to 'lose' weight now so you won't have to 'cut' as much in the last day or 2 before weigh-ins. IV is not the way to go.

Cut properly and you don't need an I.V. As TheBulgarianAssassin said, consider moving up a weight class or start the cut early.

Look at changing your diet if you want to cut significant amounts of weight. If you reckon you're going to need an I.V after the cut you probably shouldn't be walking out the following night, and frankly I'd be surprised if you'd even be conscious for the weigh ins. Phone Post

The Pendulum - 

Cut properly and you don't need an I.V. As TheBulgarianAssassin said, consider moving up a weight class or start the cut early.

Look at changing your diet if you want to cut significant amounts of weight. If you reckon you're going to need an I.V after the cut you probably shouldn't be walking out the following night, and frankly I'd be surprised if you'd even be conscious for the weigh ins. Phone Post

imagine the stare down as his opponent is looking at him on the ground

Ringers lactate / thread Phone Post 3.0

Leigh - I don't use an IV. However, if its legal and he can get an advantage from using it, why not?
Longevity. Phone Post 3.0

^ No, though it could be said that it's a another risk compounded on top of that. It's up to each individual to when enough is enough as far as risks go however. To the OP, I think the choice of IV should be made in junction with assesmsent by a medical proffesional based upon your clinical symptoms and electrolyte imbalance at the time(I hope you're fighting in a locale where those services are avalible).

You may not need an IV at all. If you're certain that you will, then frankly you may want to reasess either your weight cutting methods, your diet or your choice of weight class, if you don't want to increase the risk to your health relatively speaking.

I use a bvitamin inside mine Phone Post 3.0

H.I.V. Phone Post

I dont understand why people are shitting on the IV idea. If you're cutting weight, even if it is 10lbs, why not use an IV? It rehydrates you quicker and you run less risk of doing any damage to your body long term.

Dudes..just about every ufc fighter gets at least one IV after the cut, most more. Benson does 3/4 bags. As far as your question, I've done both and I'd say just go w the big ass saline bag.

Fellas, I'm cutting about 10lbs but regardless of the amount, an IV is just beneficial to rehydrating so I'm not sure why some of you shit on the idea of it. IV's are used by all the top guys.

Seems like some of you have had experience with both and either way is beneficial...thanks! Phone Post

The Pendulum - Cut properly and you don't need an I.V. As TheBulgarianAssassin said, consider moving up a weight class or start the cut early.

Lol @ this. Many pros do this. Phone Post 3.0

David Puddy - Fellas, I'm cutting about 10lbs but regardless of the amount, an IV is just beneficial to rehydrating so I'm not sure why some of you shit on the idea of it. IV's are used by all the top guys.

Seems like some of you have had experience with both and either way is beneficial...thanks! Phone Post

0.9% NaCl or lactated ringers will be fine Phone Post

Leigh - I'm told Hartmann's solution

Thanks Leigh. I'm a BW as well and have followed many of your posts Phone Post

Lol @ the hate this is getting. Tons of UFC guys use IVs to rehydrate, it's the most effective way of doing so. It doesn't mean that he's cutting some ludicrous amount of weight...it could be three pounds, but it's going to be put back more efficiently via IV than it would by drinking three pounds of water.

Also I would recommend morphine.

I prefer to rehydrate anally but thats just me Phone Post 3.0

I really don't get the whole weight cutting thing, i know its been a big part of combat sports for ever now. As a legitimate question, i don't see why people don't fight at a natural weight that they maintain constantly, instead of cutting down to a weight then putting back on weight after the weigh in, that is kinda cheating in my eyes. Im not bashing, I'm sure there is a lot i don't know or understand and if some one would be kind enough to tell me why things are the way they are. Phone Post 3.0