Which type of I.V. Post weight cut?

C7R14171337 - I really don't get the whole weight cutting thing, i know its been a big part of combat sports for ever now. As a legitimate question, i don't see why people don't fight at a natural weight that they maintain constantly, instead of cutting down to a weight then putting back on weight after the weigh in, that is kinda cheating in my eyes. Im not bashing, I'm sure there is a lot i don't know or understand and if some one would be kind enough to tell me why things are the way they are. Phone Post 3.0

People are now cutting weight NOT to be at an advantage but to be on an even playing field instead. If your opponent will cut weight, you need to do so as well to be on that even playing field. Know what I mean?

TheBulgarianAssassin -
C7R14171337 - I really don't get the whole weight cutting thing, i know its been a big part of combat sports for ever now. As a legitimate question, i don't see why people don't fight at a natural weight that they maintain constantly, instead of cutting down to a weight then putting back on weight after the weigh in, that is kinda cheating in my eyes. Im not bashing, I'm sure there is a lot i don't know or understand and if some one would be kind enough to tell me why things are the way they are. Phone Post 3.0

People are now cutting weight NOT to be at an advantage but to be on an even playing field instead. If your opponent will cut weight, you need to do so as well to be on that even playing field. Know what I mean?
I guess i understand that part. Keeping up with the competition and all. It still kinda doesn't make sense to me but i realized i just pulled a dick move by changing the subject off the OP, and i Do apologize for that. My bad, ill make a thread for this discussion some day as I'm sure its been a topic. Sorry i cant help OP but wish ya the best of luck! Phone Post 3.0

TheBulgarianAssassin - 

THIS

I have done it as well of many other pros I know, don't let the self righteousness that clogs this forum discourage u brother! Everyone always looking to shoot down ways to perform at your peak Phone Post 3.0

rescueink - I have done it as well of many other pros I know, don't let the self righteousness that clogs this forum discourage u brother! Everyone always looking to shoot down ways to perform at your peak Phone Post 3.0

When I got into this sport, I never thought I'd need to have a needle stuck in my arm to "perform at my peak". How about training more technique actually having a high skill level in certain aspects of MMA? That's my goal/priority at least. I'll let others worry about sticking IV needles in their arms and "cutting" those 20 lbs to make weight.