White: I love what [Carmouche] did

Tardiolli - Or maybe you could list the women in the UFC's 135lbs division as it was in my original question. Expecting guys like Benavidez dropping down was clear as day, seeing the size disparity between him and the Cruz.

Just like if tomorrow the UFC decided to make a 230lbs division a bunch of current heavyweights would surely make the cut.

It's not the same situation of a bunch of fighters in the whole contractual mess that is Strikeforce on life support, Invicta and whatever else.

So your answer is to split the 135 lb division in two?

You clearly haven't thought this premise out.

It is exactly the same situation as the 125 lb division.

The 125 lb division has 6 fighters in it that we know of.

The womens 135 has 3 and they are looking to add to it from the Strikeforce roster which Zuffa already owns.

What outside rosters for 125 does Zuffa have rights over? None? That's right. They can either expect that fighters drop from 135 or sign outside fighters.

So as of now, Zuffa has more 135lb female fighters under contract than they do 125lb men.

12ers gonna 12.

Porkchop - Much respect to Dana for coming out in support of gay rights in a country where nearly half believe that there is a supernatural overlord who says gay people are everything that is wrong with the world.

Not to mention the fact that the majority of MMA fans have that exact mindset.

Takes balls Dana. Good on ya.

Dana's support is the same as Obama's. Just a blatant PR stunt.

First openly gay fighter? No love for Shad Smith, alas.

"I Love lesbians, I watch all their videos" dFw

he really loves that she does the fandango

MachidasStraightLeft - 

I dunno why people think Ronda Rousey is a trash-talker.

She's only done pre-fight trash talk with Tate, and the only other person she's talked shit about she hasn't even fought.

I agree. I just think people associate "mean and nasty" with Rousey. After all, she is mean and nasty, she's a real fighter.

i suspect rr mighta talked trash on her using lesbianism as ammunition, but dana once pissed off the gay and lesbian union or whatever its called, so he doesnt want em after the ufc again

"I'm the furthest thing from it."

dana, you do understand that the "furthest" thing from a homophobe is actually a homo, right?

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

dana, you do understand that the "furthest" thing from a homophobe is actually a homo, right?

LMFAO, I like how you were the only one who caught that.

So If Rousey wins by triangle would that be a submission due to autoerotique affixation?

MachidasStraightLeft - 

If I saw one interview with Dana White I'd probably think he's a douche, but he really is one of the most likable guys in sports.

Still, he jumped the gun with Ronda vs. Carmouche (seriously?) headlining a PPV!! Over Machida vs Hendo no less!!

Christ

How many buys do you predict?

Cindy

CindyO - 
MachidasStraightLeft - 

If I saw one interview with Dana White I'd probably think he's a douche, but he really is one of the most likable guys in sports.

Still, he jumped the gun with Ronda vs. Carmouche (seriously?) headlining a PPV!! Over Machida vs Hendo no less!!

Christ

How many buys do you predict?

Cindy

I dont know, but rousey headlining will DEFINITELY draw more people than hendo/machida...regardless of how fair or right that is, it is the truth

He's soooo revolutionary.

And a lot of women who take fighting seriously are lesbians so it's hardly even a big deal. Every chick who wants to be a fighter in my gym is a lesbian. And not in a "they might be" sort of way. Phone Post

mikerobmma - 

He's soooo revolutionary.

And a lot of women who take fighting seriously are lesbians so it's hardly even a big deal. Every chick who wants to be a fighter in my gym is a lesbian. And not in a "they might be" sort of way. Phone Post

I was thinking earlier, isn't pretty well every female sport chalk full of lesbians?

SamboMMA -
Porkchop - Much respect to Dana for coming out in support of gay rights in a country where nearly half believe that there is a supernatural overlord who says gay people are everything that is wrong with the world.

This post is a blatant PR stunt. Phone Post

SamboMMA - 

Any statement of support from a President of the United States is worth more than boost to PR.

As for Dana, he doesn't need to get attention through his statements. He can get an interview with anyone he wants and I don't know what PR rep would advise Dana to make a statement on an issue as divisive as gay marriage. Especially when most of their fans are right wingers.

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
Porkchop - 
Tardiolli - Or maybe you could list the women in the UFC's 135lbs division as it was in my original question. Expecting guys like Benavidez dropping down was clear as day, seeing the size disparity between him and the Cruz.

Just like if tomorrow the UFC decided to make a 230lbs division a bunch of current heavyweights would surely make the cut.

It's not the same situation of a bunch of fighters in the whole contractual mess that is Strikeforce on life support, Invicta and whatever else.

So your answer is to split the 135 lb division in two?

You clearly haven't thought this premise out.

It is exactly the same situation as the 125 lb division.

The 125 lb division has 6 fighters in it that we know of.

The womens 135 has 3 and they are looking to add to it from the Strikeforce roster which Zuffa already owns.

What outside rosters for 125 does Zuffa have rights over? None? That's right. They can either expect that fighters drop from 135 or sign outside fighters.

So as of now, Zuffa has more 135lb female fighters under contract than they do 125lb men.

12ers gonna 12.

The 125 lb division has 6 fighters in it that we know of. -

-No.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/flyweight/?OrgFilter=UFC

A lot more than 6 flyweights in UFC.

Alright so we've seen 15 altogether.

The point is that the depth of that division is at the same level or not as deep as the women's division.

That division started up a year ago and they have 15 fighters. They have all the Strikeforce women under contract and at least 3 signed to UFC contracts already and we'll have to see where they are in a year's time if we want to be exact.

Ever since Dana got curb stomped by glaad he's been bowing to the ghey mafia. This is where things get potentially get annoying..it's all about her being a lez right down to her rainbow mouthpiece that she loves to show off...who cares just stfu and fight. We already know 75% of fighter girls are lesbians anyhow.

I predict 137K PPV buys

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

LOLOL and voted up!!!

Cindy