Whites Excuse for Machidas shot

KZTT_HaliChap - Most impressive finish got the shot. Period. Phone Post

Yay. Way better then the Bellator format! And rankings? Who needs those. We have Twitter. Phone Post

"White's"

ABE FROMAN -  "White's"

Black's Phone Post

Gfropr - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - The fans voted Machida as most impressive on twitter last night.
And? Is that why we have rankings? So Fox Newbs can decide who looked better. Tito clipped Bader too. I've been saying Bader has horrible standup since his TUF days. It hasn't gotten any better. Don Frye put it best when he said "Bader can't punch his way out of a paper bag." <br><br>So we are giving contender status to someone who had an easier matchup last night, and lost to Rua. OK. But I get it, its cause Rua wouldn't fight Glover.

I'm so tired of people saying that Machida had the easier fight. Machida just took out top 10 Bader and did it in dramatic fashion after dominating him without taking a single punch or giving up a single takedown.

Now, Shogun was given a fighter that was no where near top 10 and was expected to destory him. The real test for Shogun was to see how badly he was going to destory Vera. He got the win, but it wasn't the domination that we saw out of Machida.

In fact, Shogun looked very vulnerable in that fight and sloppy: he was staggered with punches on several occassions, gave up a few takedowns, and we all saw the biggest weakness in his cardio when he couldn't finish Vera earlier in the fight when he had him hurt.

Shogun did nothing to prove that he has a legitimate shot in a rematch against Jones(if he wins). Machida was the one that showed he has that one strike KO power to end a fight in an instant given the oppurtunity

Styles make fights. Although Shogun beat Machida twice (officially 1-1), Jon Jones was able to dismantle Shogun's style with ease while having more trouble with Machida. Phone Post

Machida has proven that before. He did not 'prove' anything against Bader that Chuck didn't prove against wrestlers who had no standup. Shogun played Vera's game and beat him. Vera is not top 10 anymore due to a robbery by Randy and a slide after Thiago. You cannot on the one hand compliment Vera for 'bringing it' and criticize Shogun for not getting ti done at a the speed of your liking. Shogun usually wins his rematches - Coleman, Machida. Why he deserves a shot less than Machida - whose record going in against JBJ was rather weak at the time, is maddening. I'm sorry wasn't Shogun vs. Hendo fight of the year?

Do you realize that one shogun is never going to beat jones.

2) that fight would just give jones more time to gain even more experience.

At the rate he keeps improving it would be an even easier win for jones.

Machida is the only guy to beat jones at the moment but HE MUST FIGHT HIM SOON. Phone Post

40oztofreedom - Styles make fights. Although Shogun beat Machida twice (officially 1-1), Jon Jones was able to dismantle Shogun's style with ease while having more trouble with Machida. Phone Post

I completely agree that Machida has the tools. But Shogun should have got the contender fight. This whole thing is stupid.

And Bader was the easier fight. One dimensional w a punchers chance. Phone Post

MdGeist - 
Gfropr - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - The fans voted Machida as most impressive on twitter last night.
And? Is that why we have rankings? So Fox Newbs can decide who looked better. Tito clipped Bader too. I've been saying Bader has horrible standup since his TUF days. It hasn't gotten any better. Don Frye put it best when he said "Bader can't punch his way out of a paper bag." <br><br>So we are giving contender status to someone who had an easier matchup last night, and lost to Rua. OK. But I get it, its cause Rua wouldn't fight Glover.

I'm so tired of people saying that Machida had the easier fight. Machida just took out top 10 Bader and did it in dramatic fashion after dominating him without taking a single punch or giving up a single takedown.

Now, Shogun was given a fighter that was no where near top 10 and was expected to destory him. The real test for Shogun was to see how badly he was going to destory Vera. He got the win, but it wasn't the domination that we saw out of Machida.

In fact, Shogun looked very vulnerable in that fight and sloppy: he was staggered with punches on several occassions, gave up a few takedowns, and we all saw the biggest weakness in his cardio when he couldn't finish Vera earlier in the fight when he had him hurt.

Shogun did nothing to prove that he has a legitimate shot in a rematch against Jones(if he wins). Machida was the one that showed he has that one strike KO power to end a fight in an instant given the oppurtunity

Bader looked more horrible then Machida looked great. Even when Machida was just bouncing around and not doing anything, Bader looked confused and akward. He does not have the mental capacity to figure out a complicated fighter and that was obvious 10 seconds into the fight. 1 guy will always look impressive when the other guys looks that bad.

In Shoguns fight, both guys looked awesome and showed great striking, heart, determination and the more skilled guy won the fight.

Sometime you have to reprove yourself to reassure observers and your boss that you are fully capable of destroying your opponent and have the drive to get the title.

Machida reassured people that he has the offensive and defensive skill set to potentially beat Jones in a rematch. Shogun, with his lingering fatigue issues, not so much.

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
MdGeist - 
Gfropr - 

Bader looked more horrible then Machida looked great. Even when Machida was just bouncing around and not doing anything, Bader looked confused and akward. He does not have the mental capacity to figure out a complicated fighter and that was obvious 10 seconds into the fight. 1 guy will always look impressive when the other guys looks that bad.

In Shoguns fight, both guys looked awesome and showed great striking, heart, determination and the more skilled guy won the fight.

Thats how good machida is he makes guys look like they have never trained before. Phone Post

Shogon doesnt have a chance against jones.

if ur a fan u dont wanna see another massacre for the sake of shoguns career. Phone Post

Machida is the new Faber! Phone Post

Machida is the logical choice he is the only guy that has the potential however slim to make it competitive. I think an in shape Shogun who doesn't gas could give Bones a good run especially since is experienced with Jones now but that Shogun has not shown up to fight in a couple years...

MdGeist - 
Gfropr - 

Dude seriously please just stfu.

Your blind man love for shogun is killing you here. The Machida that fought last night would have destroyed Rua, Vera and Bader in the same night. Phone Post

MdGeist - 
Gfropr - 

It shoguns fight they both looked awesome? Wtf were you watching?? They were both tired and sloppy after the first round. Phone Post

This is why they need a better ranking system. Phone Post

Who says Glover would destroy Shogun or Machida?? Just like Lombard was suppose to destroy the Spider???? MmmHmm...

GRAN MEX - Who says Glover would destroy Shogun or Machida?? Just like Lombard was suppose to destroy the Spider???? MmmHmm...

What? Glover sparred with Liddell regularly, Machida said he was his toughest sparring partner on the after show last night. Glover is the truth. Phone Post

GeoDim - Should have made this a mini tourney with glover instead of Vera.

Shogun turned down Glover, for Vera...