Whitlock - 'ESPN isnt man enough to discuss Tranny swimmer'!

Lia Thomas is why I have so much animus toward ESPN, the self-described worldwide leader in sports.

Thomas is the biological man competing on the University of Pennsylvania women’s swim team. His parents named him William. He originally competed on Penn’s men’s team. Lia is the most disruptive athlete perhaps in the history of sports.

He is Jackie Robinson, Muhammad Ali, and Colin Kaepernick rolled into one gender transition. Thomas is crushing his new peers in the pool. He’s pissed off his female teammates. They’ve been forced to anonymously complain to Outkick and the Washington Examiner about Thomas’ illogical and immoral invasion of their sport.

Thomas is not the first biological boy to compete against girls, but he is the most important, polarizing, and the highest-profile. In a normal world, ESPN would be analyzing and discussing the impact of Thomas’ swimming career twice as much as the network debated Tim Tebow kneeling in prayer, Kaepernick kneeling in protest, Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend on draft day, 65-year-old Bruce Jenner transitioning to Caitlyn, and George Floyd dying from a combination of drugs and police misconduct.

Women’s sports are being transformed and,quite possibly destroyed right before our eyes. ESPN is ignoring this dramatic change. Michael Sam’s kiss was a bigger deal?

How dare he assume ESPN’s gender!

3 Likes

LOL

1 Like

“Thomas is not the first biological boy to compete against girls, but he is the most important, polarizing, and the highest-profile.”

i get that the guy is trying to hype his own piece but this is ridiculous.

he isnt wrong about ESPN dodging the story tho, kind of foolish on their part too imo.

1 Like

Parts of the piece he is being sarcastic.

He is contrasting Tranny Rights, with racial rights, and challenging ESPN to defend it, as they would other civil rights issues.

He personally is against Trannyism, and he has a whole thing of mens culture and womens culture being distinct with their own value, and roles.

They’re waiting for LeBronia James going to college and dominating women’s basketball when she’s 45.

2 Likes

hell what if larry bird came out of retirement and started playing in the wnba. even as a 65 year old he’d dominate. he’d probably improve their ratings as well.

got curious so i just looked these up;

Thomas as male:

200 free - 1:39.31 , 500 free - 4:18.72 , 1650 free - 14:54.76

NCAA men’s records:

200 free - 1:29.15 , 500 free - 4:08.19 , 1650 free - 14:22.41

Thomas as female:

200 free - 1:41.93 , 500 free - 4:34:06 , 1650 free - 15:59.71

NCAA women’s records:

200 free - 1:39:10 , 500 free - 4:24:06 , 1650 free - 15:03:31

1 Like

article from swimming world and a rebuttal;

from a female to male trans junior year swimmer - Guest Editorial: In Defense Of Lia Thomas and Her Right to Compete

rebuttal from a kinesilogy PhD who has written a book on trans issues in sports - Defense of Lia Thomas Rang Hollow and Missed Point of Controversy

How the fuck can anyone defend them? They grew to the size of and have the bone structure of a fully grown man that they would not have been able to obtain otherwise. That alone is a massive advantage in sport. If Lebron James transitioned tomorrow would he not have massive physical advantages whether they ween him off of test or not? This is beyond stupid.

Whitlock is at his best blasting ESPN and popular sports journalism

the defense i most commonly see is something like “yes but those differences/advantages exist for men born men and women born women too (fuck that sounds ridiculous to say lol) - some are taller, faster, stronger, this is just another variant of that”

My main issue with it, is the point of truth. I think it not possible for a man to transform into a woman. Thus, it should not be allowed on the grounds of biological truth.

But I get that biological truth is not a sufficient argument for determining a person’s sex these days. lol Why let truth get in the way of egoic preference, in a modern consumer world?

Never was a fan of jason. He has def grown on me.