Whittaker vs Souza

CRE -
Samoa - 
CRE - 
Samoa - 

Silly. 

How so? Whittaker has won 5 straight at Middleweight and 6 straight overall in the UFC.

It's a classic top tier veteran vs. fast rising up and comer looking to reach his peak.

Whittaker just turned 26 and Jacare is 37 years old on a 2 fight win streak.

Jacare should be fighting for a title.  Fighting Boetsch and then Whitaker is silly.

Two fight win streak and he should be fighting over the guy that beat him in Romero?

Wat.

Either he or Romero should be fighting Bisping is my point. Having them spin their wheels while two guys out of the top 10 get title shots doesn't make sense to me. 

Im in the minority here. I know that. 

Whittaker is a purple belt.

RepsOne -
Samoa -

Whitaker is a coconut; I'm a fan.  He's exciting.  I get it.  Jacare shouldn't be fighting Tim Boetsch and Robert Whitaker these days though.  

I thought Whittaker was born in NZ, never knew he was born in Samoa. 

Coconut applies to all islanders including kiwis,Samoa knows.

2bobmob -
RepsOne -
Samoa -

Whitaker is a coconut; I'm a fan.  He's exciting.  I get it.  Jacare shouldn't be fighting Tim Boetsch and Robert Whitaker these days though.  

I thought Whittaker was born in NZ, never knew he was born in Samoa. 

Coconut applies to all islanders including kiwis,Samoa knows.

Never met 1 X Maori who calls themselves a coconut and I'm related to plenty, worked with tonnes etc. That's normally an insult towards Samoan, Fijian etc from Maoris. 

Know plenty of Kiwis who use the term coconut.

carcaju - Know plenty of Kiwis who use the term coconut.
Maori never refer to themselves as Coconuts.
Coconut is a term directed at Pacific Islanders.

It's a term Polys use in reference to themselves. Not all Polynesians but many. My step Dad was Maori.  My Mom used to live in New Zealand. I know PLENTY of Maori's that use the term. 

Intersting turn. 

I have never heard Maori refer to themselves as coconuts and I lived there for nearly 24 years.
They would use it to describe polys but they would box on with anyone who referred to them as a coconut.

209'd@170 - I have never heard Maori refer to themselves as coconuts and I lived there for nearly 24 years.
They would use it to describe polys but they would box on with anyone who referred to them as a coconut.

I can remember instances of it with my step brothers. Kinda like the use of "nigga" by blacks but not as extreme if that makes sense. 

I've spent more time with kiwis in the states than NZ so it's hard for me to argue with a guy who lived there for two and a half decades. I'm sure what you are saying is right. 

Like the use of the term FOB; that's the best example I can correlate. 

This will definitely be an interesting fight. I'm not convinced that Whitaker can hang with the Big 4 (Romero, Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold) at MW. This will definitely show if he can.

Same with Mousasi vs. Weidman.

I say winner of these two fights, face each other.

Samoa -
209'd@170 - I have never heard Maori refer to themselves as coconuts and I lived there for nearly 24 years.

I can remember instances of it with my step brothers. Kinda like the use of "nigga" by blacks but not as extreme if that makes sense. 

I've spent more time with kiwis in the states than NZ so it's hard for me to argue with a guy who lived there for two and a half decades. I'm sure what you are saying is right. 

Quite likely means different things to people in different areas.
From what I've seen, most Maori will get fired up if you call them a coconut.
I've definitely heard polys use coconut towards each other in the same manner as nigga is used though.
I'll be fucked if you'll ever catch this white boy using it though! I like my head where it is

Mexicans call brown people who act white coconuts 

Jacare done goofed

Samoa -

Like the use of the term FOB; that's the best example I can correlate. 

Ahhhh FOB or FOBBER, it's been a while since I heard that one. Classic.

The fight is fine I just want to know the overall plan at MW.. GSP v Bisping for a title that they hope can happen in July but the word is more like October.. so then you have Jacare v Whittaker, Weidman v Mousasi, Yoel I bet will fight Rockhold. So what happens after all that is sorted out.. This is the 1 time the UFC would be great to put on a Grand Prix. It's a shame the fighters of today could probably never pull it off but imagine an 8 man MW GP. 

Samoa - 
CRE -
Samoa - 
CRE - 
Samoa - 

Silly. 

How so? Whittaker has won 5 straight at Middleweight and 6 straight overall in the UFC.

It's a classic top tier veteran vs. fast rising up and comer looking to reach his peak.

Whittaker just turned 26 and Jacare is 37 years old on a 2 fight win streak.

Jacare should be fighting for a title.  Fighting Boetsch and then Whitaker is silly.

Two fight win streak and he should be fighting over the guy that beat him in Romero?

Wat.

Either he or Romero should be fighting Bisping is my point. Having them spin their wheels while two guys out of the top 10 get title shots doesn't make sense to me. 

Im in the minority here. I know that. 

This.

I think Jacare is getting the shaft. He's better than Yoel (should have won the decision) and would easily smoke bisping.

With that being said, Jacare will never get a shot at the belt with Bisping's irrelevant title defenses. Bisping fights GSP then that winner most likely fights Yoel. So, Jacare's best chance at the belt won't happen for at least a year and a half. It's a shame.

Pulling for Rob

Samoa -

It's a term Polys use in reference to themselves. Not all Polynesians but many. My step Dad was Maori.  My Mom used to live in New Zealand. I know PLENTY of Maori's that use the term. 

Intersting turn. 

I work with two guys who are Maoris and both refer to themselves as coconuts lol

jacare racking up fights and submission bonuses = more $ than a " money fight "