Who are some current CLOSED GUARD players?

Who out there today is still doing closed guard successfully?

Other than Roger.

double

Who out there today is still doing closed guard successfully?

Other than Roger. Phone Post 3.0

Abraham Marte Phone Post 3.0

Closed guard is hard to even get. Phone Post 3.0

Michael leira jr. Phone Post 3.0

Daniel Beleza. Awesome closed guard!

Daniel Covel! Phone Post 3.0

Jaimie Canuto Phone Post 3.0

I hadn't seen this post before I started my thread about posture. From what I have seen and what I am experiencing while rolling, nobody. Everybody seems to be going to other guards (myself included as I have been pulling half guard a lot because of my knees).

Everyone plays SOME open guard out of necessity, but there are some like Kron, that play a lot of closed guard and seated guard.

Later Phone Post 3.0

calasans Phone Post 3.0

Just noticed "Portuguese" Vieira has a really solid closed guard.

cool guy. Phone Post 3.0

Kron Gracie comes to mind... Phone Post 3.0

"Closed guard is hard to even get"
-agreed. I often wonder how BJJ players in the 1960's would play guard. Not alot of open guard options etc. must have been interesting to see.

TrevorRice - "Closed guard is hard to even get"
-agreed. I often wonder how BJJ players in the 1960's would play guard. Not alot of open guard options etc. must have been interesting to see.
Its funny the Mendes Bros always say avoid closed guard at all costs. I always go for it lol Phone Post 3.0

I think they mean don't go into someones closed guard right? thats the point. its a lot more work now you have to break open a guard.

most good players aren't going to let you close guard around them

I was able to work with Jaime Canutu for a week or so. He has an extensive closed guard game. Phone Post 3.0

Judge Mental - Just noticed "Portuguese" Vieira has a really solid closed guard.

cool guy. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah... Andre turned me on to him a long time ago.