Who are the best coachs in BJJ?

JUST LOOKING TO SEE WHO YOU THINK ARE THE BEST BJJ coaches gi and no gi.

Jacare Cavalcante and Fabio Gurgel leap to mind.

Edmund /thread 

Andre Galvao and the Mendes Bros have been producing some monsters lately. Some of the kids the Mendes Bros have produced are insane. I believe one of their 17 year old blue belts tapped Ed Ruth at the Pan Ams earlier this month.

Alliance Atlanta has consistently produced some of the best American bjj competitors. I believe that was in large part to Cobrihna and Lucas Lepri being instructors there, but obviously Jacare is amazing too. 

Rafael Lavato Jr has produced a lot of really talented students for having a school in the middle of nowhere (from a bjj perspective). I'm always really impressed when I see his teaching. 

Marcelo has also produced a lot of really good guys. Caio Terra seems like a good teacher too. Danaher is doing big things, but I'm not sure how accessible he is to the average student. 

As awful a person as he is, you can't deny the success of Lloyd Irvin. He has low key rebuilt his team and has some monsters coming up.

Good coaches like the ones I listed above will help you out gi and no gi. Most of them have done well in both, or have had students do well in both.

There are a bunch in Brazil, but I'm less familiar with the scene there.

lloyd sucks

Whose a rapist?

Roberto Traven

Same town as Jacaré and wins almost all of the local competitions.

Charles negromonte and Roger Gracie and his father Mauricio- 3 of the best I have been trained by.

I am relocating to NYC - anybody have opinions between Marcelo Garcia and Renzo’s? Any others I should be looking at?

the_sandman - I am relocating to NYC - anybody have opinions between Marcelo Garcia and Renzo's? Any others I should be looking at?

Unity is a top shelf place. Murilo Santana runs the school and the Miyao Bros train there. 

Shaolin is also in NYC.

the_sandman - Roberto Traven

Same town as Jacaré and wins almost all of the local competitions.

Genuine question: Who has more elite competitors?

I suspect Travern has more students, because he is in Atlanta. Does he have more elite black belts?

the_sandman - I am relocating to NYC - anybody have opinions between Marcelo Garcia and Renzo's? Any others I should be looking at?

Plenty of good places in NYC, and I’d recommend trying out as many places as possible before committing to a school.

Marcelo’s has a great vibe and is full of killers. Top notch training. But if you’re someone who craves 1:1 instruction, it’s hard, there.

Renzo’s is similar. If you’re advanced level, obviously Danaher’s classes are incredible.

There are other great academies, though, that are a bit smaller. You aren’t working with Danaher or Marcelo, but you are working with genuinely great blackbelts who might be able to offer a little more individualized instruction.

nogi

danahar

garcia

gi and nogi

Rickson gracie

marcus soares

andre pederneiras

marcio feitosa

gi

mendes

galvao

jacare

viera

saulo r

akins

sauer

Ttt

Good list

Lloyd Irvin

Hermes Franca

Cameron Earle

Joao Perini

diggity -

Charles negromonte and Roger Gracie and his father Mauricio- 3 of the best I have been trained by.

I second this having trained under Roger and Charles and will add Dominik Debiec and Leigh Remedios and David Onuma are all incredible 

EKPOGI - 

Lloyd Irvin

Hermes Franca

Cameron Earle

Joao Perini

This.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/BJJ-BB-raped-by-20-imates-after-child-abuse:2314674

^ not that guy

ttt