Who are the guys to watch from Dagestan?

Clearly I know Khabib and Zabit. Who else should I check out? 

Islam.

GaspareBJJ - 

PFL’s Magomedkerimov. Last season’s WW champ.

UFC LW Islam Makhachev

UFC LW Mairbek Taisumov

Too many to list right now.

Not Dagestan, but nearby… check out Fedor Team, Tokov, Moldavsky, Nemkov brothers, killers, all climbing the ranks and getting big wins in Bellator and PFL.

BJ Penn Forever -
GaspareBJJ - 

UFC LW Islam Makhachev

UFC LW Mairbek Taisumov

Not Dagestan, but nearby… check out Fedor Team, Tokov, Moldavsky, Nemkov brothers, killers, all climbing the ranks and getting big wins in Bellator and PFL.

Taisumov is Austrian Chechen.

BJ Penn Forever -
GaspareBJJ - 

UFC LW Islam Makhachev

UFC LW Mairbek Taisumov

I watched Magomedkerimov’s last fight, he didnt look great. 

GaspareBJJ -
BJ Penn Forever -
GaspareBJJ - 

UFC LW Islam Makhachev

UFC LW Mairbek Taisumov

He broke his hand in the first round. He won the last GP convincingly.

touch - 
GaspareBJJ -
BJ Penn Forever -
GaspareBJJ - 

UFC LW Islam Makhachev

UFC LW Mairbek Taisumov

He broke his hand in the first round. He won the last GP convincingly.

Yep, he looked awesome winning the last GP.

touch - 
BJ Penn Forever -
GaspareBJJ - 

UFC LW Islam Makhachev

UFC LW Mairbek Taisumov

Taisumov is Austrian Chechen.

True.

I lump all the Chechen/Dagestani fighters together in a group like I do with US midwest wrestlers… don’t matter to me if they are Iowa or Nebraska, close enough.

I like watching Muslim Salikhov.

Chechen fighters have not been stellar in the UFC quite honestly. I think it could have something to do with the fact that most of them are coming from Akhmat where anything goes to Chechens, including some supplements allegedly.

touch -

Chechen fighters have not been stellar in the UFC quite honestly. I think it could have something to do with the fact that most of them are coming from Akhmat where anything goes to Chechens, including some supplements allegedly.

And I notice the same about guys coming from EFN/FNG.

touch - 

Yep, I’ve seen lots of guys in ACA that look like they are on lots of gear.

Speaking of steroids, Ivan Shtyrkov got caught by USADA right away and is headed to RIZIN.

RIZIN and KSW are made for guys like Shtyrkov and Mo

I think most people forgot about Frodo who was an absolute beast in Bellator but then visa issues occurred.

BJ Penn Forever -
touch - 

Yep, I’ve seen lots of guys in ACA that look like they are on lots of gear.

Speaking of steroids, Ivan Shtyrkov got caught by USADA right away and is headed to RIZIN.

RIZIN and KSW are made for guys like Shtyrkov and Mo>

Yes. I think Shtyrkov would have performed in the UFC very differently from his impressive wins in Russia. He reminds me of Konstantin Erokhin a lot.

touch - 

I think most people forgot about Frodo who was an absolute beast in Bellator but then visa issues occurred.

Love watching him fight. Such a shame he has visa issues. He should be in the Bellator FW GP right now or the UFC.

Has only lost to Zhamaldaev at FW since 2011.

Islam Mamedov is 17-2. Not super exciting style but he kicked Nate's ass, according to Khabib.