Who are the next "big" camps?

Northwests Brave Legon is coming up

Other than Rick Story, alot of tough guys there, and all are homegrown

I think certain states that churn out NCAA champions annually have the potential to stockpile talented high-level home grown wrestlers or ones that have ties to their local universities. Oklahoma has lost guys like Munoz, Cormier, King Mo, Hendricks, Roller, the Rosholt brothers etc to gyms in other states. Missouri lost Askren, Woodley, Chandler, Mark Ellis. Imagine what they could do if they had a gym worthy of keeping that talent in state. Strong wrestling states can infuse high-level talent every year without trying to recruit from other areas. Phone Post

that gym down in florida with the blackzillians seems to be picking up steam.

hashad, aj, jz, santiago, bigfoot, etc.

gg
@mmajunkiegeorge
@mmajunkieradio

RickStorm - 

Northwests Brave Legon is coming up

Other than Rick Story, alot of tough guys there, and all are homegrown

I've been wondering about that market for a while now. Seems you guys have a lot of local gyms. Maybe it's the rain: may as well stay indoors and beat the crap out of each other for kicks?

Oh, and Adam, apologies for not mentioning you guys. Hardcore is an awesome facility, and everyone I have met that trains there is quality.

Thanks, I certainly don't belong in the same category as some of the other Camps. Now if we are talking about coaches....LOL
Adam

Singer's are the real deal, didn't even need Frank to convince me of that. ;o)

Adam Singer - " and how many of those guys are homegrown?

professional trainers working with pro atheltes is one thing..
how about camps that produce homegrown amatueur / minor league champions just from weekly classes and such?"

The HardCore Gym Athens, GA. 100% homegrown

THIS! Plus read Adam's articles in Fight Magazine they are Gold...

I gotta give a shout out to the gym I train at, Toshido.

They're a great homegrown gym, that produced:

Rory MacDonald (10-1)
Mike Adams (6-0)
Tim Jenson (6-1)
Gary Wright (8-0)

They also have a few young up and comers around the 2-0 mark right now.

Mike Adams is probably the next guy to make it to the big leagues from Toshido.

Whoever said tiger schulman needs a slap.

I think I need some financial backers and I will start recruiting.

Adam

KMAA out of Knoxville, TN

Ovince Saint Preux (Strikeforce)
Rafaello Oliveira (not AMA as was listed at his last UFC fight)
Chris Wright (you'll be hearing about him shortly)

and a host of other tough cats that'll be making waves by the end of the year.

Fighttrader - 
dc1000 -  and how many of those guys are homegrown?

professional trainers working with pro atheltes is one thing..
how about camps that produce homegrown amatueur / minor league champions just from weekly classes and such?<br type="_moz" />

St. Charles MMA is homegrown. There main coach is the guy that helped build Tyron Woodley, he even coached him in college wrestling I believe. Every one of those fighters I just mentioned started there as an amatuer and they built them up.

Small correction, Mike was Tyron's high school coach not college... no biggie. Thanks for the kind words about the gym. It is great to be named with some of these other schools as an up and coming MMA gym. I am not an owner, I just train there. Thanks !!!!

AMA, Roufusport, and Imperial 

Oh and Kings MMA and Alliance MMA

Zedlepln - 

In five years, which camps/trainers will be household names that currently are under the radar right now?

My contribution is AMA Fight Club (New Jersey) and head trainer Mike Constantino.

Their current stable includes:

Jim Miller

Dan Miller

Charlie Brenneman

Jamie Varner

Ricardo Romero

Rafaello Oliveira

Amanda Nunes

I keep hearing good things about them, and one of my instructors has spent a fair amount of time up there this year.

Who are the other trainers/camps that will soon force Mike and Joe to invent new cliches to describe?

Did Varner move from Tempe and ACS?

Dukes camp is great! Also watch out for strong style and evolve from Ohio. Griffonrawl and instigator also camps loaded with talent. All will be heard from in the coming months/years. Phone Post

BigWilliam - Whoever said tiger schulman needs a slap.

so slap me. or slap lyman good, jimmie rivera, nick pace, uriah hall, or munha holland. although you'd probably be better off just slapping me.

Renzo Gracie Combat Team.

You guys are slipping already to page 2 and no one has mentioned Nova União.

Jose Aldo, Marlon Sandro, Diego Nunes, and Wagnney Fabiano.