Who can beat Barnett in Metamoris 2015/2016?

Back in the day Barnett lost to Kerr twice on points and was subbed by Ricardo Almeida at ADCC.

He won the no-gi worlds in 2009.

Became the first to sub Lister (ADCC Absolute champ who had not been submitted in 16 years).

Has never been submitted in 18 years of MMA competition.

Who can meet and submit Barnett in Metamoris?

Big Nog, Monson, Mir, and Nastula were all unable to submit him in MMA. Only Nog beat him but also lost one against him. Pretty impressive. Barnett also has 18 submissions in MMA.

From an MMA competitor perspective within metamoris, I think Mir would be an interesting challenger, as would Werdum. At this stage, however, I think I'd still favour barnett over both due to his mix of wrestling and grappling.

Within the heavyweight jiu jitsu players, I think roger, buchecha of cyborg would give him some trouble. Phone Post 3.0

It has to be a big, strong grappler who focuses on grappling only. Mir and Werdum don't stand a chance. No MMA guys. I think cyborg possibly had a chance as his tornado guard could lead him to the back. I would go with buchecha, cyborg, roger, Rodolfo in that order Phone Post 3.0

I would've loved to see him grapple Cyborg like he was suppose to, and I hope that match still happens.

Comprido maybe? Rodolfo? I'm not sure. Somebody really techical, Barnett is a monster.

I think Cyborg and Roger could both beat him on points, but since Metamoris has no points I see him holding his title for a long time. I don't see him getting submitted any time soon.

I'd like to see him go up against someone like Roger with Roger in the gi and Josh in the shoes/trunks. I think that would make for an interesting match.

I was thinking Roger, Werdum, Cyborg Abreu, and Buchecha would all be top candidates to do it since all are elite ADCC champs of recent years.

Mir would be interesting too. I could see Mir going for broke right from the start.

While we are on the topic, who are the favorites to win the ADCC heavyweight and Absolute divisions this year? I always look forward to the ADCC absolute. It is the elite of the elite.

BJ Penn Forever - I was thinking Roger, Werdum, Cyborg Abreu, and Buchecha would all be top candidates to do it since all are elite ADCC champs of recent years.

Mir would be interesting too. I could see Mir going for broke right from the start.

While we are on the topic, who are the favorites to win the ADCC heavyweight and Absolute divisions this year? I always look forward to the ADCC absolute. It is the elite of the elite.

Who all is in the event? I know Galvao and Cyborg are doing an absolute match.

I don't follow the submission scene too closely so don't get mad at me but what about Xande?

marcus "buchecha" almeida

Fun fact...

Rico Rodriguez is the only man ever to win both an ADCC world title and a UFC/Pride world title.

Werdum has a chance to tie this record if he beats Cain.

Arona sorta almost kinda did this when he beat the Pride world champ Silva in a non-title fight. When he got a title fight against the champ, he lost.

Kerr won ADCC but only won a UFC tourny, not a world title.

Monson and Maia won ADCC titles and came up short in UFC world title fights.

12SixElbow - 
BJ Penn Forever - I was thinking Roger, Werdum, Cyborg Abreu, and Buchecha would all be top candidates to do it since all are elite ADCC champs of recent years.

Who all is in the event? I know Galvao and Cyborg are doing an absolute match.

I don't know. I don't follow BJJ to close but always get pumped when it is time for ADCC.

Is schaub allowed back in metamoris afrer he "dominated" Cyborg? Phone Post 3.0

On the topic of ADCC 2015 here are the recent US trials winners:

66kg Edward Cummings – (Renzo Gracie)
-77kg Vagner Rocha – (VRMA)
-88kg Mike Perez – (Atos Jiu Jitsu)
-99kg Jason Bukich – (The Dojo)
+99kg Paul Ardila – (Alliance Orlando)
W-60kg Tammi Musumeci – (ATT)
W+60kg Amanda Santana – (Marcio Cruz BJJ)

http://www.adcombat.com/2nd-adcc-north-american-trial-2015-results

They got some pretty sweet superfights for this years ADCC!

ADCC has announced the next edition of the greatest submission fighting event on the planet ADCC Worlds. The event is going to be hosted in Sao Paulo, Brazil on 28, 29 & 30 August, 2015

The event, was originally scheduled for the city of Manaus, Brazil to early August, was rescheduled and assigned to the state capital. “The city has already received major submission events and ADCC is very happy to meet their stars in the state capital, "said Eleftherios Magiropoulos, (ADCC representative in Brazil) to Graciemag website.

ADCC Worlds once again will gather the world’s best grapplers to collide to its glorious event.

Among the confirmed disputes, are the superfights between Andre Galvao and Roberto Cyborg for an absolute champion, and two collisions between sport legends: Renzo Gracie vs. Matt Hughes and Zé Mario Sperry vs. Ricardo Liborio.

2015 Pan Am Absolute open weight champ Bernardo Faria could sweep him from half guard and maybe get something working on top. Or maybe not.

I don't see anyone subbing him. He's probably the very best no-gi grappler on the planet (not normalizing for size) Phone Post 3.0

Ronda Rousey Phone Post 3.0

Has Barnett been offered another spot at ADCC for this summer's championship?

He has not gone to ADCC in a long time. I guess he was just focused on MMA in the past.

Anyone know if he has been offered a spot in the heavyweight division or if he would consider going? I doubt he is fighting for the UFC in August or September.

Buchecha would be a sick match up. Phone Post 3.0