Who can put Cung on his back?

no one can. Frank is an elite wrestler and couldn't do shit!!

I thought trying to take Cung Down would have been a wate of energy for Frank.

The takedown would have come from a transition and it never came into fruition.

The one time he was down he popped up like any good wrestler that doesn't want to be on the ground.

Renzo Gracie

Matt Lindland is the natural match up, not tied up with the UFC and is a great opponent on paper. If Lindland can't clinch and control Le, there aren't many others who can at 185.

i don't think it was in shamrocks gameplan to take cung down 1. becuz he didn't want to gas trying to take him down 2. he has acl problems and 3. he really thought he could ko cung standing. great fight would of liked to see rounds 4 and 5 to see who had the better conditioning.

Does no one agree with me that Lindland is the natural match up for Cung's next fight? It should be an easy deal for Strikeforce to work out. Master of the clinch with questionable stand-up VS. unorthodox stand-up master with strong clinch/sprawl skills....on paper this is gold.

Berry

No way Frank could have took Cung down.

People who have sparred with him or competed against him say he's damn near impossible to get down.

People need to remember Cung is an All American wrestler and world class at San Shou (avoiding takedowns while striking). Not to mention he trains at AKA. (Koscheck, Fitch, etc.)

If someone actually takes Cung down, they'll have a bitch of time keeping him there. Like a smaller, flashy, asian, ernie reyes version of Liddell.

Good question; I do see Le either facing Lawler or Misaki - not sure if they will put Cung on his back or even can but those are the best realistic possible opponents.

Lawler will be a good test for him.

We need to see some that won't go tit for tat w/ him. I want to see how he handles pressure a little more.

"People need to remember Cung is an All American wrestler "

When did Cung Le earn AA status in college wrestling? Who did he wrestle for?

I agree with Birdman3015

"Frank could of and should of.
But went with pleasing the crowd by keeping it standing. He had the back but let it go."

Here's some info.

Cung Le

1989 National Wrestling Champion
Triple Crown AAU Sambo, Greco-Roman
Billings, MT

1990-1991 Team Captain & State Champion
All American Wrestling, West Valley College
San Jose, CA

1992 State Wrestling Champion
State Espior Free-Style And Greco Roman
Santa Cruz, CA

1992 All American - 4th Place
Espior National Greco-Roman Wrestling
Gainsville, FL

Here a link to high school all americans. 1990...

Junior Greco (9 All-Americans)
105.5-Abram Ross (National Champion)
132-Jeff Heberle (7th)
143-Peter Aguilar (8th)
154-Cung Le 8th
165 Eddie Luna (2nd)
191.5-Lao Moz (6th)
220-Varday Alexander (7th)
275-Josh Salvan (4th)
275-Adam Quellette (6th)

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/003%20wusa%20web%20root/wusahalloffame/California%20Hall%20of%20Fame/california%20seniors.html

ttt

If he could beat linland I might start taking him seriously

"Here's some info.
Cung Le
.........."

So he never wrestled in college, correct?

Anyone with a shoot can put Cung on his back.

He's never fought anyone who had one.

• "So he never wrestled in college, correct" -

1990-1991 Team Captain & State Champion All American Wrestling, West Valley College San Jose, CA

that looks like a college to me?

And he was took 4th at fucking greco nationals!

Why do you wish Cung didn't have wrestling credentials?

LOL weirdo

there are better wrestlers at 185 than cung who can put him down, of course

I think Phil would have trouble w/ Cung.