WHO DID VINCE SELL ALL THOSE SHARES TO?

I was just thinking about how Vince sold 100 million dollars of shares of wwe off and am wondering if this will lead to something awesome down the road. Like maybe a deal with new Japan

I was thinking something in house. Like HHH and Steph...I have nothing to base that on though.

Same here just speculation, i just find it odd the sold shares, rumble, and Omega vs Jericho are all happening with in a 2 month span and everything news wise has bee kept pretty quiet about all of it. I mean New Japan wants to make a mark on the U.S. Why not make a deal with WWE. Just think what if at Wrestle kingdom say Fin comes out they thinkhes gonna help omega and he helps Jericho. Then Omega enters the Rumble.

Likely the vast majority was snatched up by mutual funds and institutional investors. 

I don’t doubt that collaboration with NJPW is possible and would be great for fans, it wouldn’t be done at that level without Wall Street knowledge. I could certainly see them working together at some point but I don’t see investment from NJPW as an ownership stake. This isn’t like Vince helping out ECW.

JohnMc1 - 
kingofpancakes80 - I was thinking something in house. Like HHH and Steph...I have nothing to base that on though.

Maybe to Shane.

Maybe as a storyline, but no way as an actual sale.

Stephanie owns <3% and HHH <0.1%. WWE is publically traded so that will never happen.

I could see a story line or even actual cooperation with NJPW or ROH but ownership will stay the same. VKM sold shares to form Alpha Entertainment to separate his other (XFL?) ventures from WWE.

He's using the money to start a football league

^No shit you fucktard^

That wasn't the question at all.

Koma -

Likely the vast majority was snatched up by mutual funds and institutional investors. 

I don’t doubt that collaboration with NJPW is possible and would be great for fans, it wouldn’t be done at that level without Wall Street knowledge. I could certainly see them working together at some point but I don’t see investment from NJPW as an ownership stake. This isn’t like Vince helping out ECW.

100% agreed. Probably went to mutual funds and investment firms.